Mileage lawsuit

The place to discuss everything else..
Proac

Post by Proac »

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Compani ... ai-at-home I wonder if it will happen over here
Bronze Acenta Premium

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Isn't the biggest problem that official govt figures seem to be unobtainable and therefore the issue is with the appropriateness or relevance of the tests.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Professorib

Post by Professorib »

One for the "Negative Boring Comments" thread?
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Interesting - thanks for posting.To the best of my knowledge, we don't have an equivalent of a class action lawsuit in the UK... which means that the likelihood of getting (any) fairness to MPG figures is minimal. What I found interesting was that looking at MPG figures a while back, most manufacturers will test in ideal conditions, and will disable some equiment to make the car be more efficient. Things like the alternator are disconnected altogether to reduce load in some cases... not exactly realistic! M.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I don't think it is "negative" or "boring". How many Forum members bought without any consideration of MPG?
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I dunno, the modern day alternators are intelligent in that during acceleration they are switched off. During cruising and de-acceleration they are switched back on. This tech is found in the DIG-S Micra, as well as the QQ
Proac

Post by Proac »

Thanks for all your positive and negative comments on a subject close to our wallets
Bronze Acenta Premium
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Fuel economy was the most important thing for me. Having had the car 2 days, I'm pleasantly surprised to find I can get pretty close to the quoted figures - my dual carriageway, motorway and A road commute today saw 74.3mpg there, and 72.6mpg back. Mind you, I do drive sedately!

The manufacturer fuel consumption tests are very scientific, if a tad unrealistic, mainly because they are conducted on a rolling road, so aerodynamic drag and hills don't come into the equation.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Euro ... 2014-07-21 20:22:10
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

As it was for me - and the main reason of not going for the 4x4...So while I don't have my car yet, I'm really glad to see people getting near the quoted figures on their cars!What I found interesting is that looking online, some manufacturers had different figures for the US and Europe. Furthermore, (even taking US and UK gallons into account) the US figures seemed to be less than the UK ones.Now, whether that's a result of poorer fuel quality (large parts of the states run on 85 ron fuel), or due to the lawsuits is pure speculation...Interesting to note nonetheless I found...M.