One month review on 1.5 Tekna

The place to discuss everything else..
woodwa5

Post by woodwa5 »

Well, I've had my black 1.5 DCI Tekna for a month now so thought it was a good opportunity to give an update for those waiting. I must say I absolutely love the thing. What a fantastic car!! It rides really well for such a big car. The boot size has already proved invaluable and the dividers, which I must admit I wondered what the point of them was, are fantastic. The equipment level is wonderful and I'm still discovering new stuff.

The only negatives (and they're not really negative) is that it really doesn't like me riding the clutch. It really does get the hump when I do that. The only actual fault I would say, is that the horn sounds absolutely pathetic, I mean rediculously pathetic. But that's it.

So the only thing I can fault in my new QQ is the horn. Not a bad start then

FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Pleased to hear you're enjoying the 1.5 Tekna. We pick ours up on Thursday, same colour as yours and I'm still trying to decide whether to go for the "Chrome pack". Have ordered a space saver wheel as an extra 'cos I'm not happy relying on a can of gunk and a mini compressor.Never thought to try the horn during the test drive. I'm moving across from a 2.2 Mondeo Titanium X, a much bigger car that had a horn that sounds like a strangled duck, so suspect I will be able to live with the 'absolutely pathetic' horn. Will just have to stick my head out of the window and make a 'honking' noise
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Woodwa5 / FoxyG, welcome ! the Horn sound is very feeble on the QQ & Juke and I plan to re- install my Hella Horns from the Juke into the QQ when we get it. Jonceebee has also installed some from another manufacturer.
Suggestion is to take a look at these Topics below where there is information - Dave
"Faults & Fixes" > Horn
"In Car Entertainment" > Sub Woofer ........
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I've had my QQ 1.5dci Tekna for a month too and I'm the same as you, only problem was the horn. I replaced mine with PIAA slim fit horns which do the car more justice.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
woodwa5

Post by woodwa5 »

To be honest, the horn doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I guess it's a measure of the vehicle that it's the only thing I can find fault with