Auto Express QQ write ups

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

Thanks for the links. Great reads, appreciate the QQ vs the Sportage. I love the look of the Sportage and would be very tempted, especially as the waiting list for the QQ is so dammed long!! but it doesn't look like it can match the QQ in drive, handling, C02 or fuel economy, which would keep nagging at me!
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Sportage cannopt touch the QQspec the sportage up to the QQ standards the sums do not add upMost of us with 1.5 dci hit high 50mpg at least, very few hit low 50mpg for instance and the residule sums shown for the QQ are just dumb, they think a 3 year old Tekna will be 10K lol every leasing company out there (and residules are what gets our monthly payments down) will exceed 10KThe only plus side for Kia is there customer service programe and the 10 year warranty program even DAB radio is extra on sportage
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I prefer the look of the QQ but then I am biased! Inside the Sportage looks cheap in comparison with the QQ which for my money is getting up towards Audi standards and as Donkey says, the running costs for the KIA are nowhere near as the QQ. I have my car now but would still wait for a new QQ over the Sportage.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Proac

Post by Proac »

Bronze Acenta Premium
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Must agee with Donkey re the Kia, although there wasnt much chance of us getting one over the QQ we had a look at one when about to order our 1st QQ - I also found the interior to be cheap & nasty, imho ofc.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
Proac

Post by Proac »

Guys I have to disagree with your comments about the Sportage I have had mine for three yrs and I have never had to take it back for repairs the interior is of good quality and does not rattle or mark easily as I had in my Kuga, The ride is very smooth and mixed driving i'm getting 48 mpg Kia have come a long way and seem to be on pare with the japs and to give a seven year warrantee on all there cars they can't be that bad.
Bronze Acenta Premium
conno

Post by conno »

The KIA looks good on the outside but thats about it i test drove it back to back with the QQ and its loud and has cheap plastics and very sluggish compared to the QQ.
Proac

Post by Proac »

Yes but this QQ you talk about is all new what will the new Sportage be like in 2yrs time don't get me wrong but the new QQ is a nice car I test drove it and it is quiet and smooth but the Sportage for a now 4 year old is still good when it came out it won awards from all the motoring journalists now its the QQ turnbut as an owner I can only say it its been a great car very reliable which is what we all want and as for sluggish im sorry but I had a standing start with the new QQ sorry but I beat it 1.7 eco we both stopped at the next set of lights looked at each other and just shrugged our shoulders and smiled I think we both saw the funny side of what we had just done just don't tell the police
Proac2014-07-21 09:29:20
Bronze Acenta Premium
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Bought the recent Auto Express whilst on holiday, I noticed the QQ has won the best cross over category for 2014
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors