NIssan Customer Care

The place to discuss everything else..
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Anyone tried calling Nissan recently? On hold for an hour and then gave up. At least it isn't one of those 0845 numbers.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I have emailed them twice as the dealer couldn't answer my question and stating that. Their answer was ask your local dealer! Fortunately I found most of my answers here.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have recently sent two emails to NCS in Bruhl, Germany and I must admit that within a week I have had an answer to both emails with regard to the QQ. But as usual technical questions will and cannot be answered by them and they ask you to contact your Dealer. Again I have never had a problem doing that as they sold me the QQ (when I get it) and I expect them to give the support necessary whether good or bad. With regard to phoning I found that you do tend to have to hangon, but then I started to phone at dead on the start of the work time and I have gotten through - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
korky

Post by korky »

I think the trick is call early in the day and not lunch, post work times to try and get through. I guess it's the same for most phone based CS desks
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ive never understood the refer to dealer stanceAs the dealer is just a salesman all they do is ring Nissan Uk on your behalf so any information you want then has to be relayed removing any feedback from customers that would be helpfull to Nissan and removing any chain of questioning on the customers behalfIt makes things harder when Nissan Uk give 2 seperate answers to the same question from 2 diffrent agentsIn my view 99% of all problems are caused by the customer dont care agents or those who originaly made brochures and twisted words to make the car sound equipped with things it didnt have sadlyMost early complaints were soley about the fact people thought items were meant to be fitted and couldnt find them on there cars so assumed things were missing like door auto locking and auto folding mirrors etcNissan fleet services have to be the worst I have ever seen, without argument any partnership with Nissan and fleet services is strained simply because there is no information exchanged at any pointI thought they had accepted a problem and changed the service to another country to sort this out?Refering questions about a new model to a dealer who have only now just become familiar with the car sort of seems wieredMost of us know more about the car at moment than the salesman simply as the QQ is complicated in features and as we know they simply have not had hands on feels yetIn April I formaly requested could the dashboard display show the speed in Kilometres and so far I have had no reply and niether has my dealer as it goes (it can by changing units in menu btw)The second question asked back then was beam pattern as LHD abd RHD show diffrent part numbers for the headlights so we can assume there is a diffrent beam pattern but how do we adjust the headlamp beam when entering a diffrent country this has never been answered
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Driving on the right and adjusting LED lights. That is a very good question as I thought they had a flat beam but clearly not. I will need to investigate this as we hope to go to France in a couple of months time.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Bobto be used in Uk as you know the beam pattern must drop down and to left the opposite on the continentMost cars have a lever on rear of headlamp to switch sides and we cant see that on oursJust you know what an arse the French can be if they want to - I even carry breathalizers even though you cant get fined for them no point in pissing them off over thereIf one beam covers all countries then what happens in 3 years with the MOT? as they still check the headlights on the beam testing machine
Kris

Post by Kris »

I will bow to greater knowledge, but when you purchase anything the company you purchase from is the contact for repair exchange faults etc. I would assume it is the same with car companies, your contract is with the dealer you purchased from. In saying that I have been in contact direct with Mitsubishi with my existing car but can understand manufactures wanting customers to go back via dealer, the dealer has the servicing and support and should contact say Nissan for help and support. The other point is Nissan and the like probably do not set up a customer service by phone to take the number of calls they could get if everyone by passed the dealers.In saying all that I do not disagree that sometimes when dealers are not helpful the only recourse is to contact the manufacturer direct, although they are correct when they say your contract is with the supplying dealer not direct with Nissan.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Agrea with you on the contract point KrisBut Nissan have a big old budget for customer awareness advertising the product etc so a little customer service wouldnt go amissJust flood gates open when Nissan Uk are at best evasive and at worst lenient with the truthOther week a tv company called watchdogs reported failings with an item most cars haveHonda stated exact number of cars affected another I think Mitsubushi stated cars in this range were affected they informing everyone and Nissan statement to BBC watchdog was we have no idea who this affects and ended the statementNo one takes Watchdog seriously I know but what a customer service attitude lol
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

No real experience with Nissan dealers bar the test drive I've had, but I found that: - they weren't to keen to call me back (I had to call them twice)- while I was told I had been booked on a test drive, the salesman who did the booking wasn't working on the Saturday, and his replacement couldn't find a booking (luckily we went on a test drive anyhow)- The prices I was quoted were about 3 times what was advertised on on the QQ's on the floor (£4000 deposit, £400 a month for 3 years, and then £12 at the end). I didn't challenge this as I had already had a better quote (from a leasing company - inclusive of servicing, tyres, insurance etc) and just went with that I've been expecting a follow up call from the dealer this week, but never got it. Not too worried as I've already ordered from the leasing company anyhow. Not particularly overwhelmed by the service so far; but it's probably just the dealer I went too (and the fact that I look very young, so most car dealers ignore me anyhow. Had horric service from a merc dealership a few years ago.... had to escalate to the manager to get some attention) That said, I'm sure Nissan are on the ball... after all, Nissan has issued 9 recalls on the old/new QQ since Jan 2004 according to vosahttp://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.aspSo clearly someone is working on issues. It would worry me more if there had been no recalls, and issues were quietly brushed under the carpet. That's what usually leads to catastrophic failures. m.
Spinal2014-07-11 14:24:39