Negative boring comments.

The place to discuss everything else..
Amos

Post by Amos »

Sorry if some of you guys can't take a bit of negative critisum but I think my 27k tenka should have a properly aligned bonnet and not rattle from every door sorry but that's my opinion. It's going back on the 24th so hopefully things will be sorted.
But on a positive note it drives fantastic, extremely comfortable, good on fuel and has every toy and gizmo imaginable

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Amos, personally I have no problems with you complaining about faults on your QQ this is an object you have paid good money for and you have the right to complain and my first contact would be the Dealer. Although these problems are unfortunate for the present owners the Big Plus is for the future QQ Owners. The more that is read on the "Positives and Negatives" (OK some you have to turn a blind eye too) subjects on the Forum the more the problems are understood. For example the creation of a "Fault / what to look for Hit List" on picking up the QQ. I hope you get your QQ problems sorted - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

No more negative comments from me.I spoke to Motability on Saturday morning about the pain from
the seats, poor economy, stop/start cutting out when pulling out of
junctions etc. and they cancelled the contract without any fuss at all.
They also said they were aware of other owners with joint problems that
had reported problems with the seats. So, technically I am now
an ex-QQ owner! or at least I will be as soon as I pick something to
replace it with. So far I've looked at a Skoda Yeti, Citroen C3 and C4
Picasso's and a Berlingo Multispace.

phaedra2014-07-22 11:35:45
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

One less continual moaner to read about then, best of luck with your choice, you will not get much better. I have had a Yeti and the seating is no where near as good as the QQ
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Without knowing th specifics of your "pain" and if hard / soft aggravates it i'd be hard pressed to know what you would be better off in.I find the QQ seats very comfortable but i don't have the "nasa" inspired version.Citroen drivers seats have always been pretty good, in my experience, but the passenger seats were universally horrid places to be after 30 minutes or more.The Yeti seats were fine for me but others on the briskoda forum didn't get on with them due to the squab shape and lack of lateral support.The Yeti itself is a nice vehicle, it isn't without issues, and i'd certainly not say no if someone gave me one for free but the QQ is a better vehicle as it stands today as a value proposition.Not sure if they are available to you but i'd suggest trying an IX35 as well.
Nissan no more...
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Here's a comparison I like. You are shopping on amazon, and see the item you want. It has a lot of reviews. Do you read the positive or the negative? Which are more helpful in deciding what to buy? Personally, I read the negative, so that I know what I'm buying. If 10% of the users say that the item arrived broken due to poor packaging, I may email the seller and ensure that their packaging methods have improved since. Maybe when I receive the item, I'll know what to look for in terms of parts that easily go faulty.Here's an example. I recently bought this microwave:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-KOR1NOA- ... owaveFirst, I read all the negative reviews. When I received it, I made sure the door was attached properly (a common issue), I made 110% sure to remove all the packaging bits before starting it, and gave all the screws a quick check with a screwdriver to verify that nothing would rattle (noise was a common issue on the microwave). Finally, I opted to buy from ebuyer, who I know have a stellar returns policy after the 1-2 months that amazon accept returns. All in - "negative boring comments" are more useful that "positive" comments. M. (p.s. as for seats, I found the qq reasonably comfortable on my test drive; albeit not as much as an e/s-class (but they're in a different price range). The one thing I found odd was the bit of leather roughly where my left knee would normally rest. Will have to get used to that! I reckon your cancelled order has made someone very happy in not having to wait as long!)
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

[quote="jonceebee"]
One less continual moaner to read about then, best of luck with your choice, you will not get much better. I have had a Yeti and the seating is no where near as good as the QQ[/QUOTE]And that's just the sort of arrogant pompous post that makes people think you're a QQ fanboy with your head stuck so far up your own arse you can't understand why anyone would have a problem or dare to post about it.Not me though, I think you're a splendid chap who got the car he wanted and is happy with it, just a shame their are quite a few on here who aren't as lucky and who are derided for saying anything bad about it. And I never said I was getting a Yeti, I said I'd looked at one as well as a few others including Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Audi and Volvo.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Spinal"]
All in - "negative boring comments" are more useful that "positive" comments. M. [/QUOTE]
So what are we saying? fill the forum up with negative comments only? that would be fun to read and participate in. I have no issues with a specific section for negative thoughts, but as many have pointed out before it's the same complainers hi-jack every post and repeatedly go on about the same thing, just as I am doing now and it is all pretty boring. It seems forums are full of this sort of thing, the following comment was posted on the Skoda Yeti forum only yesterday. "If you checked any make or model forum before buying a new car then you would probably never by one. You very rarely get people posting that their car is fantastic, most posts are people with problems or haven't read the owners manual and don't know how things work."
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

now now guys.... play nice!
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

[quote="jonceebee"][quote="Spinal"]
All in - "negative boring comments" are more useful that "positive" comments. M. [/QUOTE]
So what are we saying? fill the forum up with negative comments only? that would be fun to read and participate in. I have no issues with a specific section for negative thoughts, but as many have pointed out before it's the same complainers hi-jack every post and repeatedly go on about the same thing, just as I am doing now and it is all pretty boring. It seems forums are full of this sort of thing, the following comment was posted on the Skoda Yeti forum only yesterday. "If you checked any make or model forum before buying a new car then you would probably never by one. You very rarely get people posting that their car is fantastic, most posts are people with problems or haven't read the owners manual and don't know how things work."[/QUOTE]
No, not what I'm saying - but don't deride people for posting negative comments. If they do, so be it; post your own positives and move on. From my perspective, as someone who doesn't have their QQ yet but did their fair share of research before - posts that are very positive about the car I glazed over. I knew the car was nice, I had driven it.What I wanted to know (and the reason I joined the forum in part) was what can/does go wrong. It's really down to what you want out of the forum; a support community for people with the same car where you share your views on the car, or a social community for people with the same car, where you chit chat... M.