Negative boring comments.

The place to discuss everything else..
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I decided a while back not to bother mentioning niggles anymore (I've sorted a couple out with a subwoofer and an Aces mirror kit) as I seem to get shot down in flames all the time from the Nissan fanboys. I guess my experiences (as an ex vehicle body structure designe engineer (for BMW) and of over 12,500 miles in 4 months of ownership counts for diddly sh!t. So all you people out there who want to hear that the QQ is perfect then get your car drive them and enjoy them but I then don't want to hear your moaning and bleating if something does go wrong.As Donkey says, we do need to air these niggles and moans and stand as a collective so that Nissan can see that by adding a £10 or so widget it will turn a good car into a really good car! It's no good having yes men all the time, if Nissan (or any other manufacturer) are constantly told their product is 100% then how will anything ever improve?
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Maybe it's me, but I see it the other way. I've ordered my QQ and am patiently waiting, but I want to see issues aired on the forum. The more people air issues, the easier it is to see trends and "common" issues (vs one offs).Manufacturers monitor forums like this one, and if a trend of complaints for the flux capacitor are seen, they actually look into the issue (and you may get a replacement flux capacitor that actually works!). Hence, when I goto collect my car, the issue will have been reported, documented, addressed and have a fix ready - the dealer will have a shiny new flux capacitor, and I wont be left stranded in 1985. If people are slated for airing issues and gripes, you (and me) end up with all sorts of niggles without knowing if it is just our car or a common manufacturing flaw. No manufacturing plant/process is perfect, there will be issues (coming from someone that has owned over 50 cars, is an MSA marshall and drives endurance rallies every other month). The crux is in how the manufacturer addresses them, not in the issue itself. Now, if Nissan are back on orders, and are getting bad press for waiting times, there will be a lot of pressure on the plants to hurry up. Quality control may fall a little behind. Wires may be routed a little hastily. It is owners like yourself (and people waiting like me) who need to report these. Not because it's damaging to the brand, but because it's beneficial to all other people with the car. The way I see it, telling people not to report issues/problems/complaints is a very closed-minded and limiting approach to things; one taken by many small organisations that have not faced a good public "incident" that affected their brand; and crucially, learnt from that incident. It's only through criticism that the manufacturers can improve. M. (this isn't directed at anyone in particular, or meant to cause offence... I just feel that we can progress the QQs "perfection" by constructive criticism)

Spinal2014-07-09 08:55:19
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

I think the majority of people probably expected a bit more in terms of quality control and gadgets that have been tested fully before release. Especially for those who are paying circa £27k for Tekna models. I must admit mines a company car so I'm not too bothered but I have had much cheaper cars that have worked 100% and not had minor gremlins like the new QQ has. I only post about issues that others have already reported if and when my car experiences the same 'glitches'.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Why don't the moderators start a new section in the message area relating to "negative Comments" then all of us on here and the thousands of other owners who do not have anything to moan about can ignore it and the others can go off and entertain each other with continual whinging.The problem on this site is that a number of posters high jack every new post and find something negative to add and pretty often it is the same stuff OVER and OVER again, to be honest you are becoming boring and most of the happy owners are getting pretty fed up of hearing it time and time again.We hear of owners contacting trading standards, wanting their money back etc. It's a shame you cannot get your cash back, then you can buy an alternative car and then go on other forums and start your moaning there, luckily I am going on holiday for two weeks from today and I will not be looking on this site, in fact after reading most of the stuff on here of late I probably will not bother posting again, as my wife says, she cannot understand why I bother, especially when trying to be helpful.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

To be honest i'm with you bealie.I just don't say anything anymore on the open forum with regards to any issues i have with the quality control on the vehicle.It's a £20K+ vehicle and some of the fit and finish is worse than on a citroen saxo i had 20 years ago.It doesn't make the QQ a bad car, in fact overall i think it's very good, but there are issues that Nissan need to knock on the head.I also agree with Jon that It probably does need a small section of noted / common issues and that those posts are confined to that area.There is nothing "wrong" with pointing out re-occuring faults and maybe having a specific sectionw ill remove this "friction" from the forum.In my case I've had several posters contact me about the exact issue my car has.It could be we all got a slightly defective "part" or there is some issue with fitting technique that causes an issue.It isn't a "big" issue and i wouldn't be returning the car, contacting trading standards, shouting at the moon about it but it takes the gloss of a large purchase item and i can understand why some people do get really upset about this.If it was my first "new" car or my "forever" car i'd be more upset about it than i am. I did my reasearch and i knew the original QQ had issues with the rear shocks and the rear tailgate so i expected some form of niggle on a new car but it does get up my nose a bit when it's insinuated i'm making it up because a lot of people think the car can do no wrong.
Nissan no more...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Personally, I'm with Jon all the way, but I can understand some of the other comments but as Jon says it's the repeating of the same old story that causes the upset. I doubt that any of you would be able to find a 'genuine' negative post where any of us Nissan Pro guys were anything other than sympathetic? It is time for some hands-on moderation I feel, either that or perhaps some of us have just been around here for too long?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

[quote="PeterL"]Personally, I'm with Jon all the way, but I can understand some of the other comments but as Jon says it's the repeating of the same old story that causes the upset. I doubt that any of you would be able to find a 'genuine' negative post where any of us Nissan Pro guys were anything other than sympathetic? It is time for some hands-on moderation I feel, either that or perhaps some of us have just been around here for too long?[/QUOTE]
Being new to the forum - is the issue with members who post the same complaint repetedly, or new members posting a complaint that has been posted before? M.
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="Spinal"][quote="PeterL"]Personally, I'm with Jon all the way, but I can understand some of the other comments but as Jon says it's the repeating of the same old story that causes the upset. I doubt that any of you would be able to find a 'genuine' negative post where any of us Nissan Pro guys were anything other than sympathetic? It is time for some hands-on moderation I feel, either that or perhaps some of us have just been around here for too long?[/QUOTE]
Being new to the forum - is the issue with members who post the same complaint repetedly, or new members posting a complaint that has been posted before? M.[/QUOTE]
Isn't this an open forum where members can post what they want ?
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

Obviously not, we are clearly Nissan's outsourced PR company and can only ever post positive things
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Now we're being silly guys. The issue, if that's the right call is one of some on here repeating ad-nausea the same 'problem' any chance they get. Any duplication by two or more is arguably down to the moderation of the website and I certainly don't have a problem with that and speaking for the rest of us Nissan clones I suspect the same. This is NOT about freedom of speech, relating genuine problems with a car and anything other than those few who repeatedly gripe and groan about the same old things. Example to complain about the lack of ventilation in the back is fair comment but to twist most posts on here so that the same complaint is heard again and again is not fair comment. Frankly it becomes boring and spoils what is otherwise is a pretty fair Forum. Make sense Donkey?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.