Nissan and Android Auto

The place to discuss everything else..
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Considering how limited the Connect system is, you'd think Nissan would be glad to let someone else develop a system for them for free, complete with regular updates

Can you name any other manufacturer not on this list?

https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/auto ... les-models

vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Yes the Connect system is limited but for what you should be using it for whilst driving, then it is sufficient IMO. It does say that it's coming soon but no dates mentioned anywhere. Hopefully when it does land us Connect owners can have our systems upgraded without the need for new head units etc but no doubt there would be an extortionate Nissan fee to pay if done by the dealer.
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

What you fail to grasp is that Android Auto can be completely voice free, therefore making them safer than, say, trying to look at your facebook feed on the connect screen. I use my phone more than the connect system now purely because I can tell it to navigate me to wherever, play music etc
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Hi just reading this thread. Can I clarify are you using your phone to navigate independently of the Connect system or in some Integrated way as the only way I can find to do this is using Google send to car option from my PC. ANY ideas? Thanks
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Independently. My phone is om a screen holder and if charging (which it usually is) I can just tell it to navigate to wherever. Directions come over Bluetooth if that's what you want and you're connected, but I don't bother - the phone is to the right of my direct line of sight so I don't even have to so looking at the road

OK Google is your friend - learn how to use it, it makes life so much easier