Motability customer researching next car.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Yettoner

Post by Yettoner »

Hi all, I am a Motability customer who will have to decide on my next car in the next two months, I currently have a VW Tiguan 4x4 which I love but the list only has the bog standard S version with no 'boys toys' at all and the 4x4 options on the list are sparse to say the least.

I've looked at the 2WD options and the Nissan Qashqai looks a possible alternative., I'm looking towards the top of the range diesel but as usual when I choose a new car I prefer to listen to actual owners rather than professional reviewers who may or may not be impartial.

Is there an thing which isn't mentioned in the brochures?

Are 18 inch tyres OK and not a pain on poor roads, around here we have many?

Is the SatNav dependant on a smart phone contract or is it independent as in my VW?

Web reviews are positive but what do actual owner say?

Many thanks for your replies.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The top model 'Tekna' comes with 19'' wheels, low profile tyres. Just be careful around potholes or riding a kerb.
Satnav works on an SD card, no need for phone.
Is the Tekna available on Motability?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

gvmdaddy wrote:Is the Tekna available on Motability?
Manual versions of the 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel are available in Tekna spec on Motability; the only auto Tekna they offer is the 1.2.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Yettoner

Post by Yettoner »

Thanks both, I could have sworn there was an auto diesel Tenka on the list when I looked yesterday, ah well, it maybe on the July list, fingers crossed.