QQ TEKNA 2017

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Hello,

I took delivery of my Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.5 dci, colour gun metal grey on 01/03/2017. Already run up 700 miles and really enjoying the car. I like the comfort of the seats and the driving position. I drove to Cardiff and back and did a steady 60 mph using cruise control and achieved 70+ mpg. The car is perfect and everything is working fine.

DSC_0414.JPG

QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Expect more realistic real life figures of around 50 to 55mpg if you start to drive 'average' mileage. Actually, cold weather affects mpg more than journey distances. Still a great diesel unit though.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad your enjoying it. Good colour. Haven't seen many 17 plates yet. Hope all goes well. Lots of information on this forum
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Pleased to see you're happy with your new QQ! I recommend some mudflaps - they look small but they reduce the muddy spray up the doors... keeps the car looking smart longer!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Nice colour and glad you're enjoying it. I too love the comfort of the QQ on long journeys. I picked my latest one up same time as yours but have only done 400 miles so far :D
Hound wrote:Pleased to see you're happy with your new QQ! I recommend some mudflaps - they look small but they reduce the muddy spray up the doors... keeps the car looking smart longer!
I was going to suggest the same :)
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

I agree with "Hound," as have just fitted some mudflaps to my QQ and they do save a lot of crap being thrown up on to the car.

Happy motoring!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Thanks, I've got the mud flaps from eBay as recommended on this site. They are really good quality and have 'Qashqai' on them. I'll post pics when they are fitted.

Thanks for everyones encouraging words. I have seen a few negative comments about the QQ but my experience so far is really positive.

Does anyone use the park assist. I just don't feel comfortable enough to use it at the moment as it feels weird and I try and rush it.

Simon
Collected 01/03/2017

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Simon, your New QQ is looking the part already. With regard to the Self Parking we went through the learning curve when New with Test Drives with the Dealer and it was used initially. We found that yes it helps but with the use of the Cameras & Beepers it is quicker to park manually with the aids and punching the Camera Button for Parking against the Kerbs (to prevent Alloy Wheel Damage). We found that other drivers especially out here have no patience to hang around when setting up the park assist especially when nervous - Just our comment Dave :)
Regarding the Mudflaps they are worthwhile especially if you live out in the wild. :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Thanks Dave,

I was trying to push the buttons and drive past the space and as you say drivers were just trying to squeeze past and not giving me a chance to park. It didn't feel comfortable to use the park assist. I use the cameras and so far so good!!
Collected 01/03/2017

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Try looking for a little used Car Park at the weekend and give it a try it will boost your confidence. Over here it is easy as the shops are closed on Sunday - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken