HI, Got a few questions

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
B11OCX

Post by B11OCX »

Just wanted to say hello,

Just bought a the wife a 2014 1.2 Qashqai in blue, overall very happy with the move, just got a few questions on query’s,
So after owning the car for a few weeks I have noticed the front parking sensors seam to activate in the rain when the water runs off the bonnet, is this normal?
Can anyone recommend a boot liner for the lower section of the boot I bought one but unfortunately it is for the shelf.
Also when pull out of the drive sometimes need to put full lock on when doing this at speed (putting the lock on normally standing for a very slow roll) I can hear a sound like a motor being wound hard, Is this also normal?

Hope you guys can help,
Thanks
Josh

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I bought a universal size rubber mat and cut it to shape for mine.

mat.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111583536574

IMAG2361.jpg

A few people have had sensor issues in the rain - it's hot and miss really. Power steering is known to make some noises too especially when battery is a bit low (it's electrically controlled). Hopefully still under warranty (just) so ask your dealer to have a look.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
B11OCX

Post by B11OCX »

Thanks for that Hound, i will have a look in to one, my other idea was getting some Vinyl and welding the the corners up to make it like a small tub
Hound

Post by Hound »

Found this liner with a lip - it doesn't specifically say it goes in the bottom part of the boot rather than on the dividers, but it looks like it will to me.

liner.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331755033485
Hound

Post by Hound »

Looks like it would fit like this:

liner.jpg

switchback

Post by switchback »

B11OCX wrote: Also when pull out of the drive sometimes need to put full lock on when doing this at speed (putting the lock on normally standing for a very slow roll) I can hear a sound like a motor being wound hard, Is this also normal?
I've found that when you spin some lock on too fast, it makes a noise and you feel some "back resistance" through the wheel. It's like you're turning the wheel faster than the system can cope with...................................is this what you mean?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
B11OCX

Post by B11OCX »

yes Switchback that's what i mean, as long as its not mine then,

Thanks again Hound,