New 1.2dig xtronik tekna

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Leicesterman

Post by Leicesterman »

I'm collecting my new 17 plate tekna on Wednesday, first of the 17 plates. Been driving a Toyota avensis for the past 12 years, rock solid and have passed it onto my daughter.

There seems to be a disconnect between the professional reviews for the quashqai, excellent and the owner reviews- very mixed. Lots of complaints about reliability, build quality and Nissan customer service. I confess to being a little nervous. I hope the professionals are right.

BTW recommend a well known car broker. They quoted an excellent price which my local Nissan dealer reluctantly matched. Happier to buy through a local dealer.
1 March 2017 brand new Tekna, 1.2 xtronic, 17" rims with space saver spare wheel. To avoid the £299 protection pack offered by dealer I spent £120 on after market mats, door sills and boot protector. Autoglym high def waxed by myself.

Username:

Post by Username: »

Hi,Im new to qashqais to,1500 mile so far in the month ive owed it,had a problem with the heated windscreen dealer sorted that out so no complaints so far,good luck in your new car
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Leicesterman, dont worry, its a great car. People dont usually go out of their way to shout the praises of things but they do to share bad experiences. As well as that you tend to get a few trolls on sites like these. Some of them get a kick out of stirring up arguements and creating issues where there aren't actually any. This forum has many many members an only a tiny few suffer from legitimate problems. Enjoy your car, it really is great.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Leicesterman, could not agree more with gvmdaddy. We have had our 1,2 Manual Tekna now for 30 months and yes we have had some problems but all have been sorted. My problem is I mention everything I find and inform our Dealer (I am termed the Pain :D ) but the QQ is a joy to drive, comfortable and has the Toys. Make sure you read the Manual or take a look at the variety of posts on the Forum by using "Search" where you can get many ideas or information - Just enjoy the QQ when you get it and think positive Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

The QQ is a great car 2 months in and no problems with mine.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

19 months and 9100 miles in, no major problems. Had an air temperature sensor replaced and the Fiamm battery started going wonky after 11 months (died at 16 months, replaced for free with a Bosch). Fiamm battery issue is well-documented. Windscreen replaced and new rain sensor required through Autoglass's carelessness. Some bodywork needed a little alignment tweaking... done without argument. Had two punctures, one within 200 miles - c'est la vie. Roof bar end paint crazed and was replaced, like many others here. Steering and suspension occasionally has mysterious creak that goes away. All in all the car itself has never let me down, is very pleasant to drive and anything that did go wrong was sorted out.

A few items I added to improve things have been decent wiper blades (Bosch Aerotwin), brighter low beam bulbs (you won't need those with a Tekna, you get LEDs), Duncho's excellent DRL dimmer module to enhance front indicator conspicuity in the daytime, and mudflaps.

Enjoy your new QQ when it lands!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
ExJagXF

Post by ExJagXF »

I'm due to pick up my QQ 1.2 DIGT Tekna Xtronic on Wednesday (new 17 Reg). It's a replacement for my QQ 1.2 DIGT Tekna which I had in 2014. Very pleased with the nearly 3 years I have had it. No major problems. There was no Xtronic option at the time except in diesels.
Roll on Wednesday for my Magnetic Red QQ!
2017 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Xtronic in Magnetic Red.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good luck with the car. I have had mine a year now. I problem that was fixed by the dealer although the problem was made worse but the dealer not giving me the best service. I would suggest that some problems people experience are made worse by poor dealer service.
I enjoy my tekna and for the money it's a very good well specified car.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

I agree partially with @gvmdaddy. Yes, normally we don't praise as we should the benefits of our new vehicles but it is because once we made the "logical" decision to go for one, we "expect" all the gadgets to work as it should: perfect. (at least for me that I am used to Japanese made cars) :) ... But I will not go deeper on that subject.. :P

What I want to say is that big portion of our "satisfaction" level will be highly impacted by the Customer Service "experience" we will have. Sadly for me and the ones living in Suisse Romande not at all a great service...

Still I have the issue of the sort of "wind noise" coming into the cockpit by the driver side and getting my window side steamy pretty soon... and Nissan Suisse nor the dealer acknowledging the problem....
Bikerchickone

Post by Bikerchickone »

I picked up my 1.2 QQ Tekna on Friday. Driven almost 200 miles in it and loving it. It's an xtronic and I'll admit to being a little wary as I'm used to a manual but we had to have an auto and this is lovely to drive. We have a friend who is a senior mechanic for Nissan and he says these engines are really good.
QQ 1.2 Tekna Xtronic in Ink Blue with chrome pack and panoramic roof collected 3/3/2017.
Replaced a 64 plate Leaf Tekna in gun metal grey.