Help! QQ price

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
twickenham_qq

Post by twickenham_qq »

Hi all,

New to the forum... Hope you all can help me as i'm a bit baffled at Nissan. :cry:

had my QQ for 2 years now, QQ 1.2 Xtronic Tekna - 12,000, no dents, scratches other then a few minor on the large 19" wheels.
the car is great and i am very much happy with it. to the point that i was about to renew with Nissan and hand back and buy a newer version.... But...

basically visited Nissan on Sunday to look at perhaps changing over to a newer version as the salesman had previously said pop in around the 2 year mark as it should be a sweet spot for the value of the car.

essentially, i have opted to pay more then suggested in order to try to be in equity over the 3 year term and was basically very surprised that Nissan have agreed that the car is immaculate and low mileage but have offered me £12.5K...
is this right or do i need to go to another garage - seems to be a lot, to lose 8K a year in value of of this.
after a bit of internet searching, i can only find my car equivalent for sale at at £18-£19.5K.
To top it off, Nissan Westway, to make me happy, have offered to give me nearly £10K deposit contribution for a new car, or sell them mine for £12.5k

i feel a bit pee'd at Westway at the moment. i feel they are putting me i a hole as to being forced to buy a new car right now or potentially have a car that has a terrible future value.

Please help. is this standard Nissan practice or have i been singled out?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Bit more work but you could try disposing of privately and get some prices from brokers, such as
one I bought from; first time ever, and worked fine, delivered to door
eg
http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/New_Ca ... ack%5D+5dr

Also try some other dealers too, to sound out deals; week 3 or 4 of month when they're under
pressure to achieve their volume targets.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just played around with "Honest John" website and before posting saw "Gels" comment. Anyway here is what I found just a few examples to give you an idea of prices. Do not forget the Sales Guys are after their Bunce Money and are going to the play the game with the lower prices, so shop around and get some quotes you can wave around - Dave ;)

IMG_1846.PNG

IMG_1847.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Sadly I think your dealers trying to take you for a ride. Looking at above worst case £16,000 trade in for cash. Keep us posted
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Dave-D

Post by Dave-D »

Hi Twickenham I would strongly suggest Carwow have a valuation tool as well as webuyanycar.com or use what the trade uses and look on Parkers they should give you a better idea of what your looking at for a quick sale or trade in. I know car prices are down at the moment and the QQ`s are selling like hot cakes but sadly second hand is really poor just checked price for my QQ only 2 weeks old with 200 miles on £17,748 I`ve lost £10,000 from the list price.....worth a shop around definitely try another dealer
66 plate QQ Tekna 1.5D Pearl Black
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Get a proper on line valuation. I had a good trade in deal from my local Nissan dealer but I had to work for. I used carwow and once I had my lowest purchase price and best trade in price I went to three dealers and told them my best price to see if the could better it. Overall I got a great deal saving £4k on a new QQ and a good trade in deal on my card. I always said to the dealer I only want what the car is worth and that's what I got for the trade in. It's hard work selling a car privately, advertising, cleaning, fixing scratches scuffs etc so I was happy to trade in my car.
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
webb1e

Post by webb1e »

I got a trade in price for my old car and whilst waiting for the new one, sold it to another dealer for +500. The dealer had previously said I could do this.

You can also try tootle.co.uk
2017 Tekna - Pearl black - DIG-T 1.6 Panoramic roof.