YET ANOTHER NEW OWNER...

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Hi Guys

I've been looking at QQs for a while, and finally bit the bullet and bought one yesterday. It's a May 2016 registered 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna with 17" alloys in magnetic red, with only 20 miles on the clock, which I found via Carwow.co.uk from Wilsons of Epsom. It's been in their yard for the past 3 months, and before that was in sunny Sunderland, and it'll be delivered to me in Twickenham at the end of the week.

I resisted the temptation of GAP insurance, and AutoGlym LifeShine, but am still considering the RAC Warranty extension. Basically, as I understand it, for £699 they will extend the warranty for a further 4 years on top of the existing 3 years, so 7 years in total. I've read some poor reviews of this, so would welcome your thoughts.

I'm going to get some Alloygators fitted (there's a local garage who supply and fit them just a couple of miles from QQ17 Mansions), and just bought a genuine Nissan spacesaver wheel with tyre, jack and the foam bits, etc, for £170 on Fleabay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181998434823? ... EBIDX%3AIT. I'm also going to order some mudflaps, which I'll fit myself (£49.45 on Fleabay here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Qashqai-J ... SwEK9UDbgv) and also investigate a rubber boot liner.

Any other ideas for new car essentials I should be spending my hard earned dosh on?

Many thanks

QQ17
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just one comment.....park carefully and dont bother with the AlloyGaters at all, they cause more trouble than they are worth.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ17, firstly welcome to the Forum. As gvmdaddy has stated regarding the Alloygators when the QQ first was launched in 2014 these Rims were a big topic but then came the negative comments. I am sure that if you use "Search" just enter "Alloygators" you will find all of the comments, even the Alloygators Website did not recommend them for the Tekna Wheels. Where possible I try to use the Camera for parking especially alongside Kerbs as it can get expensive, as of yet no damage - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Many thanks Guys - I've now done a bit more reading (both on this site and others) and have been persuaded - I shan't be fitting Alloygators! - cheers Nick
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, it looks like you chose Nissan Parts such as the Spare Wheel Kit and Mudflaps we have the same and they are worthwhile aithough there are cheaper Mudflaps around. I do not want to put you off regarding the Rubber Boot Liner as when we had the Juke I bought one and it is still in the cellar. The problem was it was too rigid to lift or move out of the way to get under the Floor Boards (unless you remove it each time). We keep our fold down shopping bags etc... between the level above the spare Wheel and the two boards. I decided in the end to buy a Nissan QQ floor carpet instead and this is more flexible and bends back easily for access - just my opinion Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

QQ17 wrote:Hi Guys

I resisted the temptation of GAP insurance, and AutoGlym LifeShine, but am still considering the RAC Warranty extension. Basically, as I understand it, for £699 they will extend the warranty for a further 4 years on top of the existing 3 years, so 7 years in total. I've read some poor reviews of this, so would welcome your thoughts.

QQ17
I took delivery of a new car , and to cover the 36 lease payments , I took out GAP ins for £15000 , for the sum of approx £140

Cheap peace of mind in my opinion.
What the Sales persons dont often tell you ref PCP or lease is that you are liable for the outstanding payments to the end of the agreed term if the car is a total loss after the settlement amount has been taken into consideration.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi and welcome QQ17

On the subject of alloy wheel protection, I fitted "Rimblades" to my Teknas alloys. I was a bit dubious at first as the reviews were varied, but can honestly say they are brilliant. I ordered mine from e-bay and they cost around about £35.00, enough to do all four wheels. I took the wheels off the car when fitting them, and as long as you clean the wheel properly and follow the instructions properly they are fine. I have kerbed my alloys twice since fitting them last July, and both times expected the rimblades to be ripped off the wheel, but to my relief they stayed firm and I was pleased to see that the rimblade took the scuffing rather than my diamond cut alloys! I have silver rimblades fitted which blend in with the alloys well, but like you have a Mag red QQ, so imagine red rimblades would look quite good too.

I have attached a photo of my QQ with the rimblades fitted. Hope this helps.

Doug

IMG_0742.JPG

Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Thanks Doug - I'll have a look. Nick
Last edited by QQ17 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

DaveBerlin wrote:Nick, it looks like you chose Nissan Parts such as the Spare Wheel Kit and Mudflaps we have the same and they are worthwhile aithough there are cheaper Mudflaps around. I do not want to put you off regarding the Rubber Boot Liner as when we had the Juke I bought one and it is still in the cellar. The problem was it was too rigid to lift or move out of the way to get under the Floor Boards (unless you remove it each time). We keep our fold down shopping bags etc... between the level above the spare Wheel and the two boards. I decided in the end to buy a Nissan QQ floor carpet instead and this is more flexible and bends back easily for access - just my opinion Dave ;)

Thanks Dave - I play golf a couple of times a week, and need some hardcore boot carpet protection from my golfbag, trolley and shoes, especially at this time of the year! I've got a similar boot liner on my current car (a Mondeo Mk3) and it keeps the carpet pristine.
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Coupe racing wrote:
QQ17 wrote:Hi Guys

QQ17
I took delivery of a new car , and to cover the 36 lease payments , I took out GAP ins for £15000 , for the sum of approx £140

Cheap peace of mind in my opinion.
What the Sales persons dont often tell you ref PCP or lease is that you are liable for the outstanding payments to the end of the agreed term if the car is a total loss after the settlement amount has been taken into consideration.

Hi Coupe - thanks for your reply. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm buying my car outright (not PCP or lease), so won't need the GAP Ins to cover any outstanding payment. Nick