First qashqai but negativity about car got me worried

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

Hi all. Picked up a my 15 plate n tec + yesterday. Love it. Drives and looks great but noticed the start/stop was working intermittently. Got online to research any problem before I contacted a main dealer which led to a lot of negative comments about the qashqai on various sites and ultimately led me to this forum where there is also a lot of negativity about the car. I am now really worried! Are these cars really that bad?

Username:

Post by Username: »

Hello and welcome. i'm new to the qashqai also. I picked my new car 5 days ago. Noticed this week the front windscreen defrost doesn't work. I'm a bit put out but back to the dealers to fix. What I find with forums is most of the times people use them to tell of problems, very rarely you will find people praising a car or what ever. As for the stop/start it wouldn't bother me if it didn't work but it is frustrating when you pick up a car and things don't work.
Enjoy your car and enjoy the forum, take the negatives as people just asking for advice or venting frustrations.
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Bladesilverqq wrote:Hi all. Picked up a my 15 plate n tec + yesterday. Love it. Drives and looks great but noticed the start/stop was working intermittently. Got online to research any problem before I contacted a main dealer which led to a lot of negative comments about the qashqai on various sites and ultimately led me to this forum where there is also a lot of negativity about the car. I am now really worried! Are these cars really that bad?
Only had my car about a month and the number of reports of the same reoccurring faults are worrying. As an owner you simply want your QQ to perform as specified.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Welcome to the QQ club.

Before you dash off to the dealer asking about the Stop/Start there are a few things you need to know and maybe check out.
1. If the A/C is on the the Stop/Start will NOT function. It is designed like that.

2. When you stop, if you very gently hold the car on the brakes, mine is a CVT auto, then it rarely kicks in. If you press and hold the brake pedal down
hard it activates it.

3. If you have just started the car and the battery is not up to power it will also not start. It somehow monitors the power to the battery.

I am not suggesting that these are the solutions for your particular problem, but as a newish QQ owner it takes time to find out the quirks of this fabulous car.

The point raised about forums generally are full of people moaning about their problems, I actually agree with that. However, on this site there are many, many positive individuals who have a huge amount of knowledge and can and are are willing to help you. Just ask, and they WILL help you.

Good luck with the car. Enjoy it. Regards
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The stop/start will actually work when the aircon is working but the battery needs to be at its optimum charge. If stationary for a while then the engine will fire up again much sooner than it would with the aircon off. If you have the aircon running and become stationary but the stop/start doesnt engage, then turn off the aircon and it will cut the engine.
Regarding heavy pressure on the footbrake, others have tried this and reported that it doesnt work. It certainly doesnt work on a manual transmission.
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

2016 1.6 cvt teckna bought at 8 months 6kmiles - NO faults
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp
Hocki

Post by Hocki »

20170126_054917.jpg

This happens my car every morning when I drive out of the garage uphill then I had to turn off the car to restore it never happens on level ground only uphill when the gearbox seems hesitation and stops a few seconds has been on the shop three times but they could not find anything wrong they say
I bought the car 7 / 10-16 and have gone 1200miles
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Do you have the option of going to another dealer ?
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Hocki

Post by Hocki »

I've been with two different Nissan dealers but no one could find anything wrong when it is not stored in the car's systems
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White
eljuero

Post by eljuero »

The motor is not cold?
I got system fault one time when I had dead battery.
1.6 DIG-T TEKNA BLACK