Hello again

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Just thought I'd say hi again. Got myself another QQ coming in March, I'm sticking with the Tekna but this time a 1.6T and in Black. Wasn't looking to upgrade or trade it in but the dealer has been pestering me since Sept and seeing as they've given me another cracking deal and I still love my current car. I thought why not :) Probably wont have any valuable input with anything technical but I know how to stick on mirror trims :D

Anyway will be good to see how this forum has progressed since my internet hiatus. Ok, now time to browse the posts and see what's been happening.

Cheers.
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Do enjoy; comparisons with your current QQ will be interesting.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

vyper1, well it looks like you were one of the happy ones with your Tekna and a nice choice for the second one - Enjoy it Dave ;)
Do not forget to post a pic of the new one.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Gel wrote:Do enjoy; comparisons with your current QQ will be interesting.
Hi, Yes it will be good to see if there actually any differences between the 2017 and the current. Maybe they have made some refinements but I doubt it.
DaveBerlin wrote:vyper1, well it looks like you were one of the happy ones with your Tekna and a nice choice for the second one - Enjoy it Dave ;)
Do not forget to post a pic of the new one.
They did try and sell me the limited black edition but I'm apparently one of those weird minority drivers that doesn't like diesel :D Yes I've had a few issues with my current QQ but nothing that warrants me not wanting another. I've had a dead battery due to the stop/start and smart charging but to me that's a common fault amongst all manufacturers. I've had a dodgy heated seat that was cooler on the high setting. New front discs and a new washer jet. All done under warranty so not an issue for me.

One thing I didn't check was if the new QQ's have a more powerful horn, as for last 2yrs I try and not sound it :oops:

Well I have just over 6 weeks to wait so will update pics as soon as it arrives.
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
ExJagXF

Post by ExJagXF »

Similar case. I'm changing my 1.2 Dig-T Tekna for the same again but an Xtronic in Magnetic Red. Delivery on 1st March.
2017 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Xtronic in Magnetic Red.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

The horn has not changed - still pathetic
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Vyper1, I was thinking about the engine :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

ExJagXF wrote:Similar case. I'm changing my 1.2 Dig-T Tekna for the same again but an Xtronic in Magnetic Red. Delivery on 1st March.
Never been one for auto but with all the jams I could be persuaded. I do like the red but strangely only on other people's :?
Coupe racing wrote:The horn has not changed - still pathetic
Noooooooo!!! Guess this is one thing I am definitely going to change this time :D
Gel wrote:
Vyper1, I was thinking about the engine :)
well I must admit the 1.2 has been sufficient it only lacks mid range so you have to work the gears. So looking forward to some extra torque, might look into getting it chipped too ;)