Hello from Kent

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello from Kent

Postby switchback » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 pm

DaveBerlin wrote:
Steve, Sorry to jump in your post but "Switchback" what is that Red 3 Wheeler on the back of your QQ ?, over here there are not so many variants of cars (possibly a Kit Car) like there are in the U.K., so I am lost - Thanks ;)

It's a Grinnall Scorpion. You can buy them either factory or home built. The power train and transmission are from a BMW motorcycle. There are a few in Germany and many in the States, somewhere around 400 worldwide.

http://www.grinnallcars.com

https://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GBy# ... YdjZ3SK3Hg
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
switchback

Postby DaveBerlin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks to Sanke & Switchback supplying pics of their cars - Dave :)
Naturally out here in Berlin AMG's are pretty popular being a German Manufacturer, but the Grinnall Scorpion is something else and very different. It is highly likely the BMW Motor came from Berlin where there is a large Manufacturing Plant.
https://youtu.be/fjQ6Gdk-QYw
2014/08 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)/Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front/Rear Pearl White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/LED's Innen,Footwell,No.Plate/White & Chrome Side Mouldings/Webasto
DaveBerlin

Postby Sanke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Well I picked her up today. Just need to get use to the low clutch biting point, fit the bonnet protector and source a front skid plate.

Steve
20161213_143150.jpg
Sanke

Postby DaveBerlin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Sanke, good for you enjoy your time with it. I think you need to get your pics sorted (correct orientation and complete QQ) to really show the QQ off - Dave ;)
2014/08 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)/Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front/Rear Pearl White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/LED's Innen,Footwell,No.Plate/White & Chrome Side Mouldings/Webasto
DaveBerlin

Postby Sanke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi Dave,

The pics are correct on the phone, it's the upload that puts them sideways.

As for the QQ, well I'm keeping it for 18months (that's about the time limit I get boted) and then I'll have a look at the new version.

Steve
Sanke

Previous

Return to Introductions