Hello from Kent

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sanke

Post by Sanke »

Hi all,

I'm Steve from Kent.

Just joined having bought my first Qashqai a week ago. Tekna 1.6dci AWD - Gun Metallic, just waiting on delivery from the factory this week and pick up is scheduled for 13th.

Other car is a Merc AMG C63S and given the cold weather, soon to be a garage queen.

Steve

TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Hi Steve.

Great choice of car, I have the same with the auto box but no 4wd (not needed where we live), beautiful car and the best you can buy in the price range. What made you buy it? Will feel a little different to the beast of a merc you already have!
Last edited by TheSavage on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sanke

Post by Sanke »

Well I've traded my 14plate Aygo for it. So the merc is the beast that comes out for the weekend etc, tuned to just over 600bhp.

As for why I bought the QQ, well its all about practicality for me, it's big enough for the mountain bikes on rack (detach tow bar) and will get me to where I need to be in Wales and the Lake District... Oh and I do frequent trips to Sweden..... and tbh I like the looks and the tech inside. It's about value for money, looks and tech for me.

Got a bonnet protector on order, trying to find some steel wheels with decent winter tyres. And I talked the dealer into free servicing and proper spare.

Steve
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Well, it's an excellent car (ignore all the negative comments on here, people just like to winge), I've had a few (my father works for Nissan) and the 1.6 DCI is the best engine. Like you say, the looks are great and it does have a lot of tech! Let me know what you think once you have it..

Regarding your merc, that's a monster car! I've been test driving Audis this year, as thinking of a change and the RSQ3 was brutal but a bit small so tried the SQ5 as well, which was fast too and a perfect sized car for a family! Gonna wait to see what the new model and specs look like next year though! There are also plans to bring out a 300bhp plus qashqai through the Nismo arm...
switchback

Post by switchback »

The 1.6 dCi AWD is great for mountain biking, going off-road to build MTB trails and for towing :D .

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. It's a good car and great spec for money. It does seem to have niggles but generally they get sorted. Sadly the weak link in the chain appears to be some of the dealers. I do enjoy my car and hope you do to.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Sanke

Post by Sanke »

Thanks for the welcome all. And I like the QQ in its mountain environment too.

I think all cars have niggles, the C63S had to have the magnetic fluid replaced in the engine mounts, paint defect remedied on one wing.... And the biggest defect is that I can do a set of Pilot Super Sports on the rear in 5k miles - but that's the fun part.

First job once the car is home, decontamination, clay, and then a good polish with carpro essence - then seal and wax.

Steve

Steve
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, welcome to the Forum. As Paul has mentioned basically the QQ ain't a bad SUV at all, we have had problems but all have been sorted by our Dealer and that to me is a Major - A Good Dealer that does not fob you off - Again enjoy your time with the QQ Dave :)

Now being "Nosey" what MB AMG C63S do you have the Limousine, Coupe or Cabriolet ? - nice whatever ! ;)

Steve, Sorry to jump in your post but "Switchback" what is that Red 3 Wheeler on the back of your QQ ?, over here there are not so many variants of cars (possibly a Kit Car) like there are in the U.K., so I am lost - Thanks ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sanke

Post by Sanke »

It's the saloon/sedan. I'll try and dig out some pics, but here's one to start.

I'm an OCD detailling freak too.

Steve

20160320_144602.jpg

Sanke

Post by Sanke »

And one other, strange pics appear sideways.

I'll add the QQ pics next Tuesday after I've picked it up, just need to think of a name for the QQ. AMG is called Thor, Aygo is called Beep Beep (its a toy car afterall).

Steve

20151229_073806~01.jpg