My First Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Digger

Post by Digger »

As a previous Nissan Note owner, I wanted something higher with more comfortable seats as both my wife and myself have back and hip issues. We both enjoyed owning our previous Nissans so decided to opt for a Qashqai. After weeks of searching, we found an excellent low mileage ex Motability model at a local showroom and picked it up earlier this week. It's early days, but we are both delighted with it and being able to get in and out of it without stooping is just fantastic! It's a 2013 360 Special Edition 1.6 petrol ( most of our driving is short haul) and has only 9,000 miles on the clock. It has everything we need and we are just delighted with it. We'll never win any races in it that's for sure but for comfort alone it's a winner with us already!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Digger, welcome to you to the Forum. This is fortunately one of those things in life when higher SUV's score plus points and make life easier for some. We went also from a Note (but lowered with hard suspension) & a Juke and the difference with the QQ is remarkable.
It looks like you have the J10 model (same as pic ?) but what the hell it is a QQ, again welcome and enjoy the Forum - Dave ;)

IMG_1590.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Digger wrote:As a previous Nissan Note owner, I wanted something higher with more comfortable seats as both my wife and myself have back and hip issues. We both enjoyed owning our previous Nissans so decided to opt for a Qashqai. After weeks of searching, we found an excellent low mileage ex Motability model at a local showroom and picked it up earlier this week. It's early days, but we are both delighted with it and being able to get in and out of it without stooping is just fantastic! It's a 2013 360 Special Edition 1.6 petrol ( most of our driving is short haul) and has only 9,000 miles on the clock. It has everything we need and we are just delighted with it. We'll never win any races in it that's for sure but for comfort alone it's a winner with us already!

We purchased our QQ for exactly the same reasons, you can get into the QQ by sitting on the seat, turning your body and swinging your legs into the car, much easier than having to climb into and out of many of the much lower cars :D
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Do not get me wrong I am not saying you need these. :)
Just a few more facts as this topic was discussed whilst in the US in 2014 and the reason was that some of our friends in the USA still drive when I would say they are really too old. They have walking problems, turning of heads is non existent, bad eyesight, hearing and getting in and out of vehicles was very problematic. I appreciate that when you are old, live alone, have no trains and relatively few buses that the only option is to drive or even better use a taxi or free service, but they wanted their independence although risky and should give up their Licenses in IMHO.
I then found some facts which would appear to make life easier for them as stated in my old post below and some actually bought these or similiar devices - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2031&p=22409&hilit=Swivel#p22409
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

The main problem is that many cars are low and you have lift your legs into the foot wells. My sons BMW is a nightmare to get in and out you have to do all the above and dip your head under the roof.

It's not that we cannot get in and out of our current car it's simply that we decided to choose a car that makes the whole process easier :)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Could not agree with you more we find our QQ much easier for access, although in general most SUV's have this advantage. The roof levels of many cars are generally lower and the windscreen's are much more raked back than before and in several cases the doors are longer. But we cope ! - Dave :)
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Dave

In our current car the front seats mean that both driver and passenger are in a semi reclining position, after journeys of more than 100+ miles the position is most uncomfortable, the QQ seating position, and seats themselves, are very comfortable. I spoke to a number of "older" QQ owners before deciding on the QQ, the majority mentioned the driving position and the comfortable seats.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

PJB729, the reason you feel so comfortable in your QQ is that your butt is sitting in a "Nissan Zero Gravity Car Seat". I think this has been posted before but here it is again for you - Dave :lol:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOL ... _seat.html
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

DaveBerlin wrote:PJB729, the reason you feel so comfortable in your QQ is that your butt is sitting in a "Nissan Zero Gravity Car Seat". I think this has been posted before but here it is again for you - Dave :lol:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOL ... _seat.html

There you see I must have a very discerning derriere. :lol:
Digger

Post by Digger »

Thanks for the welcome Dave and it's good to know other people bought their QQ's for the same reason as we did...comfort! One concern I had prior to buying it was fuel consumption as most reviews I read said the 1.6 petrol model was "thirsty"! So far in our first week of ownership, according to the on board computer it has averaged around 48 mpg on a mix of short and longer journeys which I think is pretty good for such a big car although to be honest I don't have a heavy right foot. I would love to hear from anyone with the same model how that figure compares to theirs.Loving the forum by the way as it's so informative!