Front lower arm Brushes / Cruise Control not working

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Leighton102

Post by Leighton102 »

Hi All,

Hoping I can get some assistance / views on a couple of issues i have with my QQ. (2011 1.5DCI)

Issue 1: Front lower arm brushes - I had a service in March 2015 at 28k and apparently the front lower arm brushes were splitting. I was quoted the user dealer bonkers price but asked how long I had until it became a problem. They advised 5000 miles or sooner and i should hear a knocking sound if it splits completely. SOOOOOO 17,000 miles later and guess what....no sound, no issue.

I have a service coming up whereby i assume they'll spot the same thing....question is.....how much should this cost to repair? They said initially that it was expensive because it meant dismantling the whole suspension....i have read in other forums that this might not be necessary and there are more efficient methods of repairing the issue.

Issue 2: Cruise control - it suddenly stopped working after I had an MOT. I didn't notice it for a while as its not something i use frequently. Just wondering if this is a co-incidence or could the diagnostic procedure during the MOT have disabled it (the same program i'm assuming tells me everyday that my service is overdue!!!).

If anyone has had any similar experiences i'd be interested to know.

Thanks

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Regards 2, suggest you have a Nissan dealer service it, and they'll update the s/ware at no extra cost; you'll also get one year breakdown cover thrown in foc too.
Regards 1, best to ask a few reputable local independents for their estimates.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D