New to the Forum

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

Hi,
New to the forum. Been driving Nissan Nissan QQ for a couple of months now. This is the 1.5 diesel with the glass roof (2014 64 reg). Really enjoying driving but one or two electrical faults - in particular the Stop/Start error. I've already posted a couple of times on the existing threads for this topic.

Few things I've found hard getting used to are the electronic hand brake and the assisted hill start. I'm sure given time I will look on them as great features but at the moment I'm having some teething problems.

Anyway I'm hoping to share some driving tips with some of the people on here and to share the thoughts of some experienced QQ drivers :D

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Welcome to the Qashqai forum site. It is a great site with lots of good information and tips. I have a 2015 QQ tekna 1.6 xtronic and thanks to this site and the excellent tips, replaced the standard Noddy horn with some superb sounding twin tone sports horns, and only yesterday fitted some hydraulic bonnet struts, which originally didn't work, but found I had installed the brackets the round the wrong way (Doh).

As for the hill start assist, having an automatic means you don't really need it as much as in a manual car, as an auto will hold on an incline if left in drive. However I do find with the QQ that the HSA only kicks in on rather steep inclines. I owned an Astra prior to my QQ and the HSA on the Astra would work on some of the inclines around where I live that the QQ doesn't. My wife has a manual Hyundai i10 which also has HSA, and I must confess it takes more getting used to in a manual car than an auto. Hope all that makes sense?

I love the electric park brake as just press the gas pedal slightly to release it. I believe it works slightly differently in a manual and the EPB engages itself when leaving the car? In the auto you have to engage it manually.

Touchwood, my car has been a dream from the outset with no problems, a shame I can't say the same about the Nissan dealership I purchased the car from, as they are something else!

All the best

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Welcome to the Qashqai forum site. It is a great site with lots of good information and tips. I have a 2015 QQ tekna 1.6 xtronic and thanks to this site and the excellent tips, replaced the standard Noddy horn with some superb sounding twin tone sports horns, and only yesterday fitted some hydraulic bonnet struts, which originally didn't work, but found I had installed the brackets the round the wrong way (Doh).

As for the hill start assist, having an automatic means you don't really need it as much as in a manual car, as an auto will hold on an incline if left in drive. However I do find with the QQ that the HSA only kicks in on rather steep inclines. I owned an Astra prior to my QQ and the HSA on the Astra would work on some of the inclines around where I live that the QQ doesn't. My wife has a manual Hyundai i10 which also has HSA, and I must confess it takes more getting used to in a manual car than an auto. Hope all that makes sense?

I love the electric park brake as just press the gas pedal slightly to release it. I believe it works slightly differently in a manual and the EPB engages itself when leaving the car? In the auto you have to engage it manually.

Touchwood, my car has been a dream from the outset with no problems, a shame I can't say the same about the Nissan dealership I purchased the car from, as they are something else!

All the best

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)