OUT OF DATE MAPS ON NEW QASHQAI

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
nosliwdpw

Post by nosliwdpw »

I took delivery of my Qashqai just before Christmas and it as made to order. But I have now found out that the SD mapping card is for 2013 maps even though HERE have said there is a new card 2014-2015 ???? :evil:

Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

A friend of mine took delivery of hers in May and got a factory recall last month to have her mapping software updated. I myself am due to pick up a new QQ tomorrow and been asked to come in a bit later as they are getting a technician to update my maps. Hopefully you'll have sorted yours via a recall. If not it's a call to the dealer I suspect.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Pure RedQ wrote:A friend of mine took delivery of hers in May and got a factory recall last month to have her mapping software updated. I myself am due to pick up a new QQ tomorrow and been asked to come in a bit later as they are getting a technician to update my maps. Hopefully you'll have sorted yours via a recall. If not it's a call to the dealer I suspect.
Its more likey that you're being given a software update to the Connect head unit itself, not the mapping sd card. Even this would be unusual as recalls are mainly for safety issues, not entertainment products. Also strange no one else has been issued a recall when the maps are so much out of date. Updates such as I mention are usually offered for no cost if you have your Nissan dealer perform your annual service, but only at point of service.
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Yes. I've just checked the email and it was indeed a safety recall for the sat nav system, as he referred to it. Which needs a software upgrade. So you're probably correct. As it's new I'm hoping the map info is up to date. It's the first enquiry I'll have at the dealer's this morning. Sorry if I misled you nosliwdpw.