New vehicle order

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Hi folks. After much procrastination I finally took the plunge and ordered a QQ as you guys call it. 1.2DIG-T Tekna Xtronic in Metallic Red. Did look briefly at Bronze but my youngest said bronze comes third and thus is not a winning colour. The wife agreed and I was out voted! Looking forward to accepting it on delivery. Have driven a colleagues one 5 or 6 times so am pleased to have made my choice based on experience. Dealer says he has yet to get a concrete delivery time although order invoice has estimated date of 31.10.16. Love the Nissan brand and this will be my first brand new motor since about 1995. Glad to be on board with the forum too. Lots of information and tips here plus good friendly banter it would appear. Will obviously post pics in the future.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard.
Lots of useful info here, so if you get any queries try first to use the search box in upper left corner of forum.
:lol:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Thanks Gel, I've had a good look around and note I've barely scratched the surface. Lots of food for thought and plenty experience. Look forward to communicating and sharing.

Cheers!
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi and welcome.

Indeed this forum is great, with so much information to gather. I bought a QQ 1.6 Tekna Xtronic back in June of this year and one of my first jobs was to replace the crap horn in the car. By using threads on this forum I bought sports twin tone horns and fitted them myself, which was a feat in itself, but was really pleased with the result.

Love my Xtronic QQ, I'm just a lazy git who likes to press and go without all the hassle of manual gear changes, also the electric parking brake makes life easier still. In fact you rarely have to take your hands off the steering wheel!

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your new toy when it arrives.

Cheers

Doug :)
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Doug. Yes I'm only just keeping a lid on my excitement. Still waiting for a delivery date actually. Dealer says they are ultra busy and Nissan factory a bit slow with updates. Probably due to the fact so many people are taking advantage of that £2,000 deposit contribution! I gave up on manual years ago. Especially town driving. You more time in 1st or 2nd than anything. Will look into the horn issue although I'd be scared stiff of effing everything up if I did it myself. Don't mind changing oil, plugs etc but have never been happy taking bits apart and replacing them. Will look at sill tread guards and side steps/running boards after a while for sure.
Thanks again.
Bros

Post by Bros »

Welcome to the forum PRQ,

I have only been on the forum since June but have learned so much, along with good advice too.
Although I do not have the xtronic or the 1.2 petrol I love my QQ.

Please post us some pics of your new motor when it arrives.

All the best
Cheers

Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
Najw67

Post by Najw67 »

Ordered my Magnetic Red dCI 110 Tekna, on 18th Sep, collect Sat 1st Oct.
:roll: Magnetic Red 1.2 dci Tekna
Dtwo

Post by Dtwo »

Hi Mrs Dtwo picked up the exact same spec this week as Redq, her comment "so far so good", I think that's a compliment ;) . I have yet to drive it, but I am allowed to decipher the manuals !
2016 Qashqai 1.2 cvt pano roof mag red
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Bros wrote:Welcome to the forum PRQ,

I have only been on the forum since June but have learned so much, along with good advice too.
Although I do not have the xtronic or the 1.2 petrol I love my QQ.

Please post us some pics of your new motor when it arrives.

All the best
Cheers

Bobby
Thanks Bobby I'm seeing that already. Will post pics as soon as I get my hands on it (him)! Dealer says he'll contact when he gets s date. Bit edgy as I've had no contact since Thursday. Fingers crossed it won't be too long a wait! :)
DD41

Post by DD41 »

20160726_202346.jpg
Well nice choice I have the 1.2digt Extronic Ink blue Teckna pan roof and chrome front back and sides
Love it :)
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel