Just Ordered

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
DavidCook

Post by DavidCook »

Hi guys,

I have just ordered my company car, and from the list decided to go with the Qashqai.

I've ordered a 1.6d Tekna XT in Gun Metallic

Level of kit was what made me go for that, as I've been used to high spec cars previously that I've owned.

Looking forward to it, as never had an SUV type car.

My first question is what are the average lead times?

I'm being told mid November, but would be good to hear real world experiences.

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. You will enjoy the car. Lead times for mine when I ordered in January were 8 weeks. Couldn't comment on now. It's a good drive and the tech is great. However I have had a couple of niggles and so have others but car is very good overall. Keep us posted
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi David

Good choice. I too have a Qashqai 1.6 Tekna Xtronic, but mine is in Mag Red. I was looking at getting Gun Metal, but was over ruled by my wife and daughter, as my previous car was grey in colour.

Had the car since the end of June and loving it. As Paul says the tech is great and the 360 cameras are superb and make parking so easy. Went from a
2 litre Astra auto to the Qashqai so was a little worried about performance, but it is great, not quite as quick off the mark as my Astra, but not too much in it. We have just returned from a holiday in Scotland covering some 2000 miles, and the car didn't miss a beat and Sally sat nav (as we have named her) performed brilliantly, finding some very remote places!

Good luck with your new car and keep us posted on the forum.

Cheers

Doug :)
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

14 weeks or so when the J11 was released back in 2014, but I bought through a broker and saved a small fortune so wasnt really concerned about the wait. To be totally honest I would happily wait that long again.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago I was given the 15th December as preliminary delivery date. I will not be back in the uk until after the 15th so settled on the 20th.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Ordered mine 2 days before you David. Order form says estimated delivery 31/10/16. Colleague of mine ordered hers in May and was told 5 weeks. It turned up 5 days later so who knows how these things will play out. My Nissan dealer was at pains to say that they were massively busy with new orders and will next contact me for registration details and the like. Fingers crossed its soon. Good luck with yours and enjoy the new Tekna.
DavidCook

Post by DavidCook »

Thanks' for the responses, I guess it'll just be a waiting game.

May take longer as it's a lease vehicle,
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Possibly maybe colour related. The story on mine (posted elsewhere) is I ordered Bronze and told 8 weeks or less. When I phoned at week 7 they said no sign at least another 4 weeks. I said not acceptable as my tyres needed changing (which they knew about) and the dealer just had there demo coming in the following week, same spec but in Gun Metal so I took it as mine without them registering as a demo or using it in any way themselves.

When I picked it up they said they still had no news on the bronze one. I said to the dealer that if you knew when I ordered it why did you let me choose the colour, I would have been quite happy to select one of possibly 3 colours if it cut down the wait list (which they dealer then said it would have done !).

Anyway, colour may or may not be a factor !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Got a delivery date as November 7th but dealership reckons definitely sooner than that. He's 90% sure of it. We'll see. Mine will be Mag Red too.

Cheers
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I ordered a White Tekna 1.2 Automatic (through drivethedeal.com) on 3rd August, and picking up next week on 14 Oct. so that's about 10 weeks. I got a very large discount, making it cheaper than a 1-year old car from a dealer, with my choice of colour, spec, etc.

Really looking forward to picking it up, and will report any early problems - so I hope you here nothing from me!
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof