New from Portugal

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Irisheyes

Post by Irisheyes »

Hello,

Recently retired here in Portugal and bought myself a new QQ Tekna Premium 19" 130hp xtronic.

After a series of luxury company cars in U.K, Mercs, Jags, BMW's and Lexus, expected to be a little disappointed with the Qashqai but actually very, very pleased. The good points: acceleration, auto box, quiet, comfort, toys and MPG. I am averaging 50 plus mpg after 4,000 miles and my record on a journey so far is 64.7 mpg. The size is perfect for the narrow streets here and the parking assist is a boon. Also love the auto headlight dipping, works really well.

My big disappointment is the Connect system. I thought I would have direct access to apps like TuneIn and Spotify and I am sure I understood this from the advertising. I can still get these apps on my phone and play through the cars system but I imagined I would be able to call up radio stations on the screen and obviously can't do this on my phone when driving. Does anyone know if there are plans to make these apps available or am I stuck with what I have?

Regards to all
Irisheyes.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Much was promised for current version of Connect by Nissan but most never materialised.
Best to drive apps you need via your mobile. :cry:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D