new Qashqai owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
jeanandre

Post by jeanandre »

Hi, I have just purchased a 2013 1.5 360dci. I am happy with the car apart from the lack of spare wheel :? I have read on this forum about using the 16" space saver wheel as that is the only size they do seemingly, but how can that be safe when the rest of the wheels are either 17" 18" or even 19" :?: depending on what model you have.
65Plate Qashqai 1.5 360 DCI 5 door Hatchback, Magnetic Red.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Because whatever diameter the wheel might be, the size of the tyre fitted to it brings it to the same diameter of the other wheels and tyres on the vehicle.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jeanandre, as Hound has mentioned what ever Wheel Dia. or Tyre is used the end Outside Dia. is virtually always the same. Attached is an old calculation from 03/14 showing the difference between a 19" Tekna and 16" Space Saver Wheel for information. This was in a long post so to save you reading through it here is an attachment - I hope this helps you Dave :)
PS : Do not forget this Space Saver Wheel is an Emergency Wheel to "Get you Home" and not to be used for long periods.

IMG_2644.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jeanandre

Post by jeanandre »

Thank you Dave and Hound for your replies, it has helped me a lot.
65Plate Qashqai 1.5 360 DCI 5 door Hatchback, Magnetic Red.