Not planned, but got a new Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4272

Post by Deleted User 4272 »

Hi All,

I am living in Dublin but hope that's OK in this UK forum.

Two weeks ago I got a new black, 1.5dCi Qashqai SV Premium, which I think is quite similar to the N-CONNECTA plus Panoramic glass roof in the UK.

I had a 2008 Qashqai before and was for most of the time very happy with the car. So after looking around and test driving other cars - and falling almost for a GLA - I found that the new Qashqai ticked most of the boxes and decided to jump on the ship. My initial plan was actually to get a demo car but when taking the available deals into account I changed the plan and ordered a new one. Not sure how long it takes in the UK, but it took less than a week until the new car was in my drive.

Coming Monday we have a first check-up (1000km) and I have a few points to be checked. First I find the car is noisier than expected. It's a rolling noise which get's a little disturbing at higher speeds above 50 miles/h. I think its the tyres but I want the garage to check it anyhow.
Also I was very disappointed to find that the maps are from Q3 2014. I am however very interested what the dealer will do about it - probably not much.

Apart of this I really love the car and I am happy to go on a ride whenever it's needed - or not :lol:

Greetings
Rainman

DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Welcome to the forum Rainman,

Well, I'm located a lot more further than you, and it seems to be ok for this forum ;)

Quite few people reported noise from the tires so that may be it. Have it checked if you have the chance. Personally It didn't bothered me at all (on 18') and was really paying attention to it when did my test-drive. My car is yet to come and has 19' wheels - therefore I should expect to hear something more from them, especially on long and fast motorway trips. At least I can hear them and not the engine :)

Wish you many many miles free of problems, and post some pics in the forum's gallery for us to enjoy,

Cheers!
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Deleted User 4272

Thanks DankoGranko,

I will look out for the gallery and send a few pics. => Found it and posted some.
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

On second thought I believe the contact surface for the gums on both wheel sizes mentioned is actually the same, only the height is different 45/50 so the noise level should be about the same.

Maybe you have a more sensitive ear, or you have different gums from the regular ones that QQs are equipped with?

There are few other reasons for "noise" at higher speeds reported by other owners, some related to the size of the mirrors or a defect in the area around them, but for those I would not qualify the symptom as "a rolling noise".

I'm not in a good position to give a proper advice yet, but hope is nothing to worry about ;)
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If map isn't 2015-6 demand dealer supplies you new sd card at no cost.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My dealer replaced the map free of charge when I told them they were out of date on my qq, initially they sent me 2 sd cards with the same out of date maps, they got it right by the time they had sent the 3rd sd card. It's almost like they were just getting the sd cards from other cars they had in stock ;)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The latest I've been able to get is 25920 4KJ0A, and as far as I know that's already two years out of date!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 4272

@Hound
Yeah, that's the one I have too. But I think there should be a later one available.

By the way I wonder when the next one will be available from Nissan.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Hi....How can you tell what year the maps are?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The map Hound referenced was only realeased a few months ago. So unless I'm mistaken it's the most up to date you can get.
Rainman wrote:@Hound
Yeah, that's the one I have too. But I think there should be a later one available.

By the way I wonder when the next one will be available from Nissan.