Qashqai coming after disaster of an X Trail

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Looks like I must have just got a 'rogue' one ! TBH I expected better & it has tainted my view of Nissan somewhat. I'm hoping the QQ reverses that again. We've an 8 year old Mazda 5 which has been an absolutely awesome family workhorse. Fingers crossed on the QQ.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

jet

Post by jet »

DaveBerlin wrote:Just to throw a Spanner in the works I originally thought that the X-trail was manufactured in Sunderland, guess that was wrong. Spain is basically NV200 Vans & Pulsar and two other plants have been mentioned, Fukuoka Japan and Russia unless things have changed. So which Plant is correct any ideas ? - Dave ;)
Dave,
X-Trail VIN starts with JN, so it is indeed one of the very few Nissans for the European market that are made in Japan.

Russian plant makes cars mainly for the Russian market, I believe.
1.5 dCi MT Premium
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jet, thanks for those facts, it is interesting that they are shipped from Japan when there is Sunderland that makes SUV's & now Infiniti's, obviously a capacity / planning problem - Thanks Again Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken