Qashqai coming after disaster of an X Trail

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Hi folks, be gentle, I'm new around here...and coming to the Qashqai world with a fair bit of apprehension TBH.

I bought myself what I thought was a very nice 13k miles, year old X Trail 1.6 NTec Dci 7 seat AWD almost 4 months ago, trading in a lovely (if slightly ageing) Volvo XC60, in the quest for the security of a newer car, reliability, warranty etc. What I got however was somewhat different!

In 4 short months it's spent a considerable time in the dealer (55 miles away), starting with warped front discs (apparent on the drive home!), noisy rear brakes (dust apparently!) key ID errors (whilst 259 miles from home!), a radio that often switched to CD of its own will, then the Aircon packed in whilst on hols in a warm Wales (replacement Condensor required, but not available & still awaited)...and then the final straw, a Stop Start System error...which ironically has tonight disappeared !

The dealer/salesman has been first class & can understand/shares my disappointment, but I'd just lost confidence in the car...so I've taken a fair financial hit to get rid of it so soon. To limit the financial hit (& avoid any further outlay) I've done a straight swap for a nicely spec'd used Ink Blue 1.6 Dci Tekna 2wd. Only time will tell if this one is going to restore my faith in Nissans.

I only really considered a Nissan & indeed the dealer initially as my Dad recently had a Qashqai & it was bought from them.

Anyway...I'm off for a wee ferret about the site & im sure I'll be back posting here or in the other sections soon.

Cheers
Teknaman
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome; best colour:)
Hope replacement behaves.
X Trails made in Spain I recall, the QQ in Sunderland.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Better luck this time!

I wish the QQ had the X-trail's opening sunroof, electric tailgate and cup heat/cool system...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks Gel, I see you are the one with 'decent horns' listed in your signature! I spotted that the other day when I was having a wee nose about here before committing to the QQ. I might be keen to upgrade my pitiful excuse for a horn (it's the same on the X Trail - even my 7 year old thinks it's poor !) Was that an easy upgrade? I'm not hugely mechanically minded when it comes to cars, so I'd maybe get my friendly local Indy to sort me out...also may be keen on the bonnet struts. I'm sure there is plenty scope for more as my ownership progresses. Thanks again for the welcome & interesting point re the built location...hadn't thought about that.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Cheers Hound...interestingly that's three things I think I can live without (although the kids want an opening roof !)

The X Trail tailgate was painfully slow to open, unlike the one of my Volvo that was pretty quick. I rarely opened the roof...well until the aircon packed in at least !

Ok...I might miss the cup heat / cool system, I'll give you that one !

I just hope I don't miss the extra space too much...
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. Let's hope the qq does the business for you. Keep us posted
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Cheers Bullyboy, will do...seeing your signature reminded me I too will have a pano roof, so not totally 'standard' after all!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I initially asked the dealer to fit horns but on morning I turned up, they then declined to fit non Nissan items.
Also gave me some waffle about it interfering with the car's brain, the BCM.
That's piffle as horns are not monitored item by the BCM.
Had fitted by an indie.

This thread may help re the horns.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=630&p=9845&hilit=f ... orns#p9845
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks Gel, I'm gonna look into that.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to throw a Spanner in the works I originally thought that the X-trail was manufactured in Sunderland, guess that was wrong. Spain is basically NV200 Vans & Pulsar and two other plants have been mentioned, Fukuoka Japan and Russia unless things have changed. So which Plant is correct any ideas ? - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken