Considering Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

thanks a lot gvmdaddy and bullyboy. im struggling to decide between 1.2 l petrol and1.5 l diesel. i do a 2 mile commute and occational (4monthly) long drive. any suggessions which would be ideal for me.

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

My wife has the 1.2 in her Renault kadjar and is pleased with the engines performance and economy. Although the economy not as good as advertised.

Also for me the panoramic roof is a must in my opinion
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Thanks bullyboy. much appreciate for the time
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

No worries. Let us know what you do
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

How serious is this DPF problem in the nissan diesel engines? i dont travel out of town regularly. should i be looking at petrol engines instead of diesel?
Yajas
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Its not a problem on the J11.

Post by 298 »

Yajas wrote: i do a 2 mile commute and occational (4monthly) long drive. any suggessions which would be ideal for me.
A bike...?
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Yajas wrote:thanks a lot gvmdaddy and bullyboy. im struggling to decide between 1.2 l petrol and1.5 l diesel. i do a 2 mile commute and occational (4monthly) long drive. any suggessions which would be ideal for me.
Sounds to me like the 1.2 petrol would be your best option.

I had an Audi A4 2.0 TDI a few years ago and because of all the short (4 mile) trips the wife does, we had problems with the DPF and turbo - not cheap repairs.

Unless our driving habits change I won't be going diesel again.

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

ChrisDK wrote:
Yajas wrote:thanks a lot gvmdaddy and bullyboy. im struggling to decide between 1.2 l petrol and1.5 l diesel. i do a 2 mile commute and occational (4monthly) long drive. any suggessions which would be ideal for me.
Sounds to me like the 1.2 petrol would be your best option.

I had an Audi A4 2.0 TDI a few years ago and because of all the short (4 mile) trips the wife does, we had problems with the DPF and turbo - not cheap repairs.

Unless our driving habits change I won't be going diesel again.
People really are worrying and fritening others over nothing with the regards to the dpf. Ok, older, much older diesels didnt have a dpf and they ran and ran and ran. Then the dpf was introduced to clean up emissions and a good number of low mileage diesels encountered problems in the form of blockages, either requiring cleaning or even replacement. The new QQ has a system in place that self cleans the dpf before any blockages occur, and it works well. Honestly, all this talk of dpf problems is in my mind just ill informed scaremongering. Im not saying no one may have a problem, but its not the major problem that some would suggest. If it was then there would be many tens of thousands diesel owners taking up issue with Nissan and waiting for replacements, as are a good number waiting for replacement aircon condensors.
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Thanks for your advice gvmdaddy, chris and 298. Booked test drive for 1.2 petrol and 1.5 deisel.
Hope it goes well
Yajas