Considering Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Hi everyone,
Need an owners review of 2014 Qashqai. 1.5 diesel. Acenta premium Read some reviews online about the 2013 upgraded model not as good as its predecessor and having electrical / satnav problems, can anyone shed some light if they are true? Any common problems with this perticular engine and trim?
any info would be very helpful
Thanks in advance
Yajas

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yajas, firstly welcome to the Forum. Can I suggest that you have a browse through the Forum Posts / Topics as there is a vast amount of data already available from early 2014 and unfortunately it takes some time to read it all, but it is well worth it ;)
Just go to "Search" and enter whatever - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
skyscape

Post by skyscape »

I have the Tekna 1.5Dci and had zero problems apart from some of the rear window sill trims coming away but its comfortable to drive and you would never guess it was a 1.5Dci it has quite an unexpected bit of power - the only really annoying thing for me was I ran out of screen wash as there is NO low washer fluid warning light, and im sorry but on the top of the range car I find totally unacceptable
there isnt a problem that cannot be solved by the careful application of high explosives
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Thanks a lot skyscape.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Lovely car. Some owners experience small annoying rattles. Satnav card was out of date when the car was sold but it's not a problem. I love mine. Don't worry about the dpf either as some will warn you. The problems were predominantly on the previous model. Some say it's slow and under powered...it's not, but it has a low ratio first gear and needs a heavy foot to pull away quickly from a standstill. Enjoy it.
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Thanks gvmdaddy
TheSavage

Post by TheSavage »

Go for the 1.6 DCI X tronic if you can afford it, I've had the 1.5 DCI and it's much better due to the extra power, size of engine and torgue. QQ are lovely cars, the best in the car market within their price range and again if you can afford it, go for the tekna, you wont go back after!
Yajas

Post by Yajas »

Thanks thesavage.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

So far so good with my 1.6 dig t tekna. Loads of toys on it and does the job of a small crossover very well. Fingers crossed for you that you jump in and get one. Can't comment on the diesel as diesel never been something I need due to low ish mileage I do per annum
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just to add to the comment bt Bullyboy....I only do low mileageof around 6-7k miles per annum but I do have the 1.5dci engine. Sweet as a nut, no problems. Stop/start works most of the time. When it doesnt its because the neccessary parameters are not being met, you'll learn to know when it will or wont work from startup. Im mainly only very short commutes with occasional longer runs every other weekend and im getting around the 53mpg mark up to now.
Last edited by gvmdaddy on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.