Hi From North Yorks

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Hi from a Nissan newbie. After running my BMW 320d M Sport for six years I decided to sell it and get a Qashqai on a three year personal lease. Ive now had it for five months. Its a 1.5 dci NTech Plus in Magnetic Red.
Changed because I needed something that I could cart the dogs in occassionaly.
In six years with the BMW I never had a fault and never heard a rattle.
So far the QQ has been reliable with no mechanical issues, its only done 2,500 miles but from 500miles it has sounded like a tractor when idling.
Thanks to a glance on this forum Ive now sorted that by stuffing a piece of foam between the airbox and bulkhead.
Now I just have to sort out the passenger side rattle and the new rattle that started today from the back of the car.
I can't believe that Nissan can build such a nicely refined car and then spoil it with such poor attention to detail.
Im hoping the rattles are soon sorted and I can start enjoying driving again.

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. Sorry about the rattles. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets. I find the build quality pretty good. So far no rattles. A couple of minor bits that have appeared once and not again on mine.
Keep us posted how you get on
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Rattle on passenger side.....get front seat passenger to push on the side of the center console, near carpet level. Once I'd found it a couple of persuasive thumps sorted it.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Or push against the rear edge of the door panel arm rest........................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.