New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Hi,

I'm looking at QQs, and came across this forum. I must say, it's populated by friendly, helpful souls who give a very positive vibe about QQ ownership. I'm contrasting that with Apple forums (I bought a MacBook about 6 months ago), where the Apple fanboys can be pretty aggressive if you make the slightest hint that Apple isn't perfect or Windows might do something better...

I'm looking for a 1.2 Tekna Xtronic, and I've got a test drive booked at a local dealer tomorrow. Is there anything I should look out for? You all (mostly) seem to love your QQs, but I do notice ongoing issues with front parking sensors, stop-start and the head unit on the dashboard (sat-nav, DAB etc).

I'm hoping to find a used one up to a year old, but these are hard to find. Alternatively I could source through drivethedeal.com, where I can get a new one with a saving of around £5,100, but with October delivery. Anyone gone down that route? I live near Salisbury, in Wilts.

Cheers,
Bill.
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Take a look at Motorpoint and other dealers who sell imported cars, almost UK spec that save a fortune.
https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/used-cars/ ... ueltype=14
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard; I went through a different broker, my first time.
All went smoothly as local dealer showed no £interest£ in anything other than list, even with no trade in.
I used http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/

They don't sell imported model QQ's, but source from UK dealers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Hi Bill, welcome. I got several quotes via Carwow . I found that knocked quite a bit off the dealer price. I eventually bought from my local main dealer after they came close to the Carwow price.
As for the actual car, I have found several little quirks about the QQ that I have personally found a little annoying, including the front sensors going off unnecessarily when slowing down. This has only happened once. However, the car has quite a few driving aids which I have found useful. I also like the fact that you can disable many of the features easily...eg the stop/start function , lane departure etc. What I do particularly like about the QQ is the driving experience. I previously had a Honda CRV and before that a Bmw 320d and can say that I look forward to driving the QQ more than both of them. It's early days for me yet and apart from a whining turbo noise on acceleration (perhaps you can listen out for that tomorrow), I haven't experienced any real problems. I look forward to hearing about the test drive.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

Went for my test drive in Salisbury last Thursday. I'd requested a 1.2 petrol auto, but the car, which had to be delivered from another Westover dealer, turned out to be a 1.5 diesel auto, so not best pleased about that. Nevertheless, they just handed over the keys, and off we went on our own for a couple of hours driving. "Take as long as you like", they said.

The experience was good, though it confirmed the diesel wasn't for me. Having always driven petrol, I found it a bit 'agricultural', and I only do 8-10k miles per year in my main car. But the auto box was smooth, the ride and handling were good, comfort well up to expectations so overall very positive. Only problem was, I didn't know what the 1.2 petrol would be like. So they arranged a test drive at the dealership (in Bournemouth) that was supposed to deliver that model for a test drive.

Different experience with that dealership - very grumpy salesman who said he was only "doing it as a favour", and wouldn't let us take it on our own. A brief drive in Saturday traffic was all that was allowed, with a modest bit of very busy dual carriageway to assess the performance - very difficult. I found the petrol auto much smoother than the diesel, and have decided that's the one for me.

Negotiations with the salesman back in Salisbury didn't prove very fruitful. Max discount offered was £3,200, mostly made up with finance deal and 3 years free servicing. So I've placed an order through drivethedeal.com, with £5,100 discount on a 1.2 petrol auto Tekna. Only problem is - mid October delivery :( How can I wait until then? Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at the forum for interesting snippets!
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof