Hello!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tobyjug

Post by Tobyjug »

Hi all, soon to be an owner of a 08 plate 1.5 dci tekna

hoping the dealership I'm getting it from (not nissan) do all the niggles as they said they would before pickup time..

only thing that's niggling me is what I thought could be a very slight clutch judder on a couple of hill starts... might have to try that again before driving off with it!

although they did say they'd check, but something tells me they'll say it's all ok...

fingers crossed! :-)

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Well done for testing the car/clutch on an incline, also you can hold on the handbrake for a similar effect. This is a very good thing to do when thinking of purchasing a car.

Now for the bad bit, any judder on a diesel is of major concern. A lot of diesel cars use a Dual Mass flywheel that has some strong springs, is made of 2 clutch type plates in a configuration designed to stop the judder. If there are worn / broken springs or a worn clutch / pressure plate will cost you a lot of money.

I would advise you to be very very careful and consider an inspection by a car engineer that has a guarantee. The biggest problem with a clutch is that just about everyone casses it as a consumable part like brake shoes, tyres etc.

There are many many more cars out there, for me I would walk away.
Tobyjug wrote:Hi all, soon to be an owner of a 08 plate 1.5 dci tekna

hoping the dealership I'm getting it from (not nissan) do all the niggles as they said they would before pickup time..

only thing that's niggling me is what I thought could be a very slight clutch judder on a couple of hill starts... might have to try that again before driving off with it!

although they did say they'd check, but something tells me they'll say it's all ok...

fingers crossed! :-)
Tobyjug

Post by Tobyjug »

Hi, thanks for that info, atleast with the handbrake trick I don't need to go and find a hill lol

The thing is they have been good about sorting any issues out so if the clutch needs doing they will do it (or so I'm lead to believe) with full Nissan history I like the car apart from that .. But yes I want to be very cautious as I know the dual mass with clutch is an expensive job :-/

I'm going to speak to them on the phone again so I'll make sure the salesman actually jumps in and does the handbrake trick himself before I drive to pickup and then have to leave it with them for clutch replacement ...

Otherwise as you say , best walk away

I noticed earlier this forum is dedicated to 2014 + are there many pre 2014 owners on here ?
Love the new style but not in my budget unfortunately