Another Hi From Herts

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ben6279

Post by Ben6279 »

Hi,

I'm Ben from north Hertfordshire & have been crawling through the huge amount of information you guys have seemed to have pulled together already well done. I've spent ten years in the automotive electrical business fitting car audio, security, telematics etc but left the industry 8 years ago or so when technology started to change it's path with the introduction of Can bus etc.

It all started off three weeks ago when our dreaded Vauxhall Zafira needed best part of a grand spending on it when it's clutch slave cylinder which is contained within the gearbox let go. We buy any car were offering as much as we was going to have to spend on it so that was that (finally :P )

Went out one weekend with a budget of £8k in mind for a new family car and dismissed every Qashqai the moment I glanced at it as I had no idea there was a new model until just by chance saw a J10 & a J11 sat side by side which is when something moved within me. Might have been the curry the night before but I was really taken by the J11. Two weeks later and having doubled my budget thanks to the bank we are now the happy owners of a 1.2DigT Ink Blue Tekna :D :D :D . Didn't particularly go out for a Tekna but the only other 1.2DigT the dealer had was a white Accenta Premium which we didn't want due to the fact it was white so I'm just going to have to get used to all the bells & whistles :P .
Dealer tried selling me Autoglym Lifeshine and fearing they were just going to slap it on in the condition the paintwork was in I kindly suggested what they should do. The car was an ex lease car, 9 months old with 13k and looks like it has never seen a hand was in it's life with horizontal swirls & scratches all over courtesy of car washes :evil: . Spent six hours over the weekend giving it a good seeing to taking it right back with a claying, cleaner, polish & sealant. Has made a massive difference but I can still see the scratches :cry: I suppose this colour has to be perfect or go home. I reckon a mechanical polish could resolve but I've never ventured into that area before.

Anyway, I've seen lot's of interesting things owners on here have been up to from general mods to resolving Nissan's oversights and really looking forward to getting stuck in.

I'm sure you all know what an Ink Blue Tekna looks like but here's an obligatory photo of her anyway :D

Car.jpg

2015 (65) 1.2l Dig T Ink Blue Tekna. Extra's yet to come, give me a chance.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ben, firstly welcome to the Forum and you are correct there is a vast amount of Information now on this Forum after a couple of years. Before asking for Information please try to use the " Search" Facility as there are various Posts on the same subjects under different titles, then ask and no doubt you will get an answer :)
Ben, you have made one friend already "Gel" as he has the "Ink Blue" QQ also and sorry to say we have a "Pearlescent White" 1,2L QQ. Anyway enjoy the Forum and the QQ - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Ben6279

Post by Ben6279 »

Hi Dave, thanks.

Excuse me while I take my foot out of my mouth with regards to my comment over not wanting a white QQ :oops: I always said our next car was going to be white (especially a pearlescent) but in reality as we live in a rural country village we didn't feel that would be the best choice. Beginning to wonder now if Gunmetal Grey would have been a more favorable colour. As much as I love the blue I fear it's going to take some maintenance.
2015 (65) 1.2l Dig T Ink Blue Tekna. Extra's yet to come, give me a chance.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi Ben great choice of model and colour. Glad you found us. As car forums goes this is a pretty good place to be. I very much enjoy my tekna and so far no real problems of the cars making other than a recent incident of the alarm going off for no reason.

Keep us posted of how your getting on.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Ben

I purchased a Qashqai 1.6 CVT Tekna in Mag Red a couple of weeks ago. My car is 9 months old too, has 11000 miles on the clock and was an ex rental car. I was a bit dubious, but it was in very good condition, but like yours has probably never seen a hand wash. Also two of the tyres needed replacing and the dealer agreed, but was going to put on some crap called "Roadstone tyres." I insisted they be replaced with Continentals to match the two good tyres, and also insisted on a spare wheel as I hate those tyre inflation jobbies. Thankfully the dealer agreed to what I had requested and the car is now looking great. Since bringing it home I have added front and rear skid plates, side streamers, door sill tread guards, chrome speaker surrounds, and rear chrome reflector surrounds, and today I replaced the rubbish horn with PIAA twin sports horns, which sound fantastic. It's funny to see that you are in auto electrical business, as I could have done with you today to help with the installation, but thanks to an excellent thread on here about the car horn, I managed the job myself. The car does still need a good hand wash etc, then I will post some photos. Hope you are enjoying your new QQ as much as I am.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have three Qashqais - one Gun Metallic, one Ink Blue, one Storm White... :D

0895.jpg

b02.jpg

white.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

I like them all. Where did you get the models from?
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, I like your Style :lol: what are these models like because I have about 250 models stuck now in boxes because the enthusiasm got lost and the cleaner stopped cleaning them. When I looked on eBay last year the QQ ones cost around £40 to well over £100 - Dave ;) PS I thought you lived on a mountain :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

There's a rather good one on AliExpress but its a bit on the expensive side....its also the Japanese version with the different fog lights to the European market.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Apologies in advance for thread derail...
Last edited by Hound on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic