Buzzing noise - Fuel pump I have been told?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum my name is Neil hello there.

I am now on my 3rd Qashqai absolutely love them. I just purchased a new 1.2 Dig T petrol edition. Everything was fine until the other week and there is a very noticeable buzzing noise coming from the back , gets louder the longer the journey. Took it back to Nissan last week they kept it in 3 days, get it back Friday they have done £1,200 worth of work on it £800 of that being a brand new turbo which they said was faulty. They said they couldn't hear noise in the back so I drove it off and buzzing still there. I took it back again yesterday and the technician sat in the car with me and identified the noise and said oh yes that's the fuel pump and its normal?? Anyone else experienced this noise it goes off when you stop the engine slowly? I'm not sure this normal and might get a second opinion. He said the fuel pump is under the back seat. He also said something about it being a 1.2 and needing more power? Please help.

kullyb78

Post by kullyb78 »

Hi mate - Did you manage to get this resolved? I'm getting the same problem.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Guys always best use the SEARCH box in upper left corner of page with any queries; query "fuel pump noise" and see other posts ;)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
neil8471

Post by neil8471 »

Hi kullyB78

Have you sorted your buzzing noise out yet?? I am still having major problems with mine. I have sent you two private messages but not sure you have tead them. Did you get anywhere? Please respond. Regards Neil
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

neil8471 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm Hi kullyB78

Have you sorted your buzzing noise out yet?? I am still having major problems with mine. I have sent you two private messages but not sure you have tead them. Did you get anywhere? Please respond. Regards Neil
I notice looking at his profile he hasn't logged in for a while.

Last active:
Sun May 07, 2017 5:45 pm