New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You'll see regularly on A34, car trailers with loads of ex rental Channel Island cars; these have very low mileages and will not have driven at high speeds either.
Some manufacturers seem to have a deal to supply fleet rental sector at very keen£'s to shift bulk and get their vehicles in the hands of potential buyers.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

The hire companies buy the cars heavily discounted from the manufacturer, and get rid of them relatively quickly - they're able to sell them for almost what they paid for them.
Oldjdub

Post by Oldjdub »

Gel wrote:You'll see regularly on A34, car trailers with loads of ex rental Channel Island cars; these have very low mileages and will not have driven at high speeds either.
Some manufacturers seem to have a deal to supply fleet rental sector at very keen£'s to shift bulk and get their vehicles in the hands of potential buyers.
Have you driven on the Channel Islands? The roads are dreadful. We moan about the state of our roads, but wow, the islands roads are riddled with pot holes and with a maximum speed limit of 40mph, (that's if you can reach that speed) the cars hardly get into top gear. Rental cars are often abused by their drivers and although they are low mileage, I personally would avoid them like the plague.
Gel

Post by Gel »

Yes I've driven in Jersey & Guernsey but always took my own car over.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

I have just purchased a nearly new (65 reg) Qashqai Tekna 1.6 auto. I was looking at getting a new one, but found some great deals on nearly new cars. Luckily my nearest Nissan dealer had two for sale, one in Gunmetal and one in Magnetic Red, my two favourite colours, so it was hard to make a choice. Eventually plumped for the red one and it was a great drive with all the toys on it too. Hopefully picking it up end of the week or early next week. Have already ordered and received my skid plates to fit when it arrives. Thanks to the great forum site, didn't want to pay some £350 for them from Nissan, so got them from a UK dealer on E-Bay for £90, and look pretty easy to fit.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Enjoy your new QQ when you pick it up! In the meantime you can hold the front skid plate at waist level and rush around the lounge going "brrrrmm brrrmmm". :D
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Ha ha, and hold the rear one when reversing going "beep beep" pretending I'm a parking sensor! Had the garage on the phone this morning, car to be picked up Tuesday!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)