New here!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
JcRs

Post by JcRs »

Hi
Bought the misses a used 14 reg Tekna to run her and the boys around in around two weeks ago.
Me being me I'll be playing with it in my spare time!!
So far I've vinyl wrapped the sill to protect them and also the wing mirrors in 3m aluminium material. Very happy with the result!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

JcRs, welcome to the Forum. Sounds an interesting modification to the Wing Mirrors, is this just an adhesive or shrink wrap principle. Presumably it is not like the Dipping Process for the "Graphite" Type wrapping ?. If you have time how about posting a photo of your finished mirror, would be interesting to see the effect - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
JcRs

Post by JcRs »

Thanks Dave

Its the shrink wrap process.

WP_20160530_004.jpg

WP_20160530_006.jpg

WP_20160530_002.jpg

JcRs

Post by JcRs »

First pic is supposed to show the triangles at the end of the spoiler, I put some wrap on them aswell!
Havnt got any pics of the door sills but its already done its job,as there are scuffs on them,which am sure would have been scratches on the paint
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

JcRs, that looks a nice job for most probably a minimal layout and what looks like a Matt finish - Nice Effect !.
We had the Nissan Illuminated Kick Plates installed but there is an area that still gets scuffed from shoes especially if you are on the small side, short legs, the rear was the worst due to the radius of the Wheel Arch. I bought some "Tesa" Clear Foil (from the € Shop) made a Template and cut the Foil to protect the Sill, was cheap and efficient - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
JcRs

Post by JcRs »

Yes didn't cost me anything as had left over material from doing a friends car.
Yes the kick panels are pretty useless as they don't cover the whole panel. I wrapped mine almost the full length, it is a must as I believe they will definitely scuff otherwise.
It doesn't show it well in pictures but this is brushed aluminium(metal)look, like plug sockets etc.
Clear foil sounds cool, I'm interested in doing the front Definately(maybe the whole car) as it picks up stone chips easy.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

JcRs, if you are interested in "Foil Wrapping" there was a couple of Posts on the Forum about this which might be of interest to you, naturally if you have not already seen them - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=248t=3354&p=33951&hilit=Foil#p33951

viewtopic.php?f=208t=4088&p=38070&hilit=Foil#p38082
JcRs

Post by JcRs »

Thanks for that Dave, I will be looking into it
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

This looks pretty awesome, is it expensive to get done? id love the wing mirrors, bonnet, sits and spoiler triangles pimped.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Hi Folks. Here is a nicely wrapped Qashqai I saw recently in Salcombe in Devon.

P1070342.jpg

1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan