Newbie!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Regieracing!

Post by Regieracing! »

Hi, getting my new QQ next week, a 1.5DCi Tekna (with pan roof), any advice gratefully received as I know absolutely nothing about these cars! Getting it on a scheme from work...

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. If you need any facts on the QQ whether theses are comments, problems, upgrades, accessories etc just enter what you need in "Search" (Top LH Corner) and play around with it, there is a vast amount of information here - Enjoy your QQ Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome; be careful when parking to protect those rims.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Regieracing!

Post by Regieracing! »

Thought that was what all those camera's were for!!!

I'm interested in what everyone thinks of the technology in the car mainly, coming from an old Passat with nothing! I'm more interested in that side of the car than how it drives
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Stop/start systemgives tye impression that it only works intermittantly but that is because it only kicks in when certain parameters are met. I dont have any problem with it.
Dont be worried about possible DPF problems. The QQ self regulates a cleaning process based on exhaust temp, pressure etc, and it works!
Blind spot warning system works, but has a tendency to flash occasional false readings in tye rain on certain road surfaces. It appears to happen when light is reflecting off the wet surface. Its only slightly annoying.....id rather it do this than not work at all.
Best advice has already been given above....use the search button at the top of the forum as most things will have been covered.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Forward Collision Warning system uses a radar that is located behind the front bumper. It senses snowfall when the flakes are moderate to large in size, flashes a warning then disables the system until the ignition has been turned off and restarted. Not a problem, just a little disconcerting when it happens.
Regieracing!

Post by Regieracing! »

Anybody use the self parking function? A couple of people I work with already have their cars but are too scared to use it!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Yes, it works. Familiarise yourself with its operation before you have to use it in anger. Dont rush it, keep your eye on the camera views on the screen and trust it to do its job. Angled parking bays can be parked in as well. There are guidelines on the monitor that can be adjusted...takes a little longer so play around with it somewhere quiet first.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Take a look at this video this might well help you - if you search around there are several. If you give it a try I would suggest playing around with it in a none congested area or parking place. Drivers tend to lose their Rag when you block them - Dave :)

http://youtu.be/bQZ-UDY3lpQ
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ynysygwas

Post by ynysygwas »

gvmdaddy wrote:Forward Collision Warning system uses a radar that is located behind the front bumper. It senses snowfall when the flakes are moderate to large in size, flashes a warning then disables the system until the ignition has been turned off and restarted. Not a problem, just a little disconcerting when it happens.
Thank you!
This happened to me this Easter. Snow came down and the waring light came on. I stopped and restarted the engine and it 'got better' by itself.
Nice to know it wasn't a fault! It was disconcerting though as I was on a B road miles from anywhere and had visions of being stranded with no phone signal.
A Tekna, because I admit I need all the help I can get.