New To The Forum - Regular To Nissan!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
aqibishtiaq

Post by aqibishtiaq »

Hi all,

Being an owner of the 1st Gen Qashqai, it was a no brainer to purchase the 2nd gen one.

Ordered the 1.6 dig-t N-Connecta in Gun Metal with the Panoramic roof. Ordered it the first week of May and been told not to expect it until the middle of July(?!?!?!)

Dunno if I can wait that long!

Is there a chance it might be quicker?

What do owners with the same model make of their car? Test drive was nice, quiet and comfortable, but would like to hear opinions from members of the forum who've had the car a little longer.

Thanks

Aqib
2016 1.6 Dig-T Qashqai N-Connecta (Panoramic Roof) Gun Metallic.

Scottw333
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Scottw333 »

I've had the 1.6 DIG-T since September last year going from a 10 plate 1.6 petrol Qashqai.

I test drove both the 1.2 and 1.6 at the dealer and, although I found the 1.2 DIG-T to have decent enough acceleration in the lower gears (certainly more than my old 10 plate 1.6), once I drove the 1.6 DIG-T there really was no option in my opinion. Now i've had it for a while and feel I definitely made the right choice. Although I don't do too many long journeys, the car seems effortless to drive, you know there is extra power when needed and don't have to worry too much about changing down gears and finding a huge gap when overtaking or joining a motorway. I have the same spec. (although it was called n-tec+ back in September) and the cameras and connect system are a vast improvement over the older version as is all the technology on the latest version.

In my opinion the interior build quality is not as good as the older Qashqais. I think the interior panels and plastics have a cheaper appearance, with cheaper materials and don't seem as solidly put together. Having said that, it's only a minor gripe and not enough to put me off getting another one in the future bearing in mind where this car sits in the price range of crossovers.
2022/22 J12 ceramic grey DIG-T 158 MHEV Tekna
2018/68 J11b gun metal 1.6 DIG-T Tekna
2015/65 J11 magnetic red 1.6 DIG-T n-tec+
2010/10 J10b silver 1.6 n-tec
aqibishtiaq

Post by aqibishtiaq »

Brilliant - Thanks for that.

Sure I've made the right choice now! Just gutted I have to wait so long. I get in the first week of July and go away for 6 weeks about four days later so won't get to drive it til august!!
2016 1.6 Dig-T Qashqai N-Connecta (Panoramic Roof) Gun Metallic.