New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Hi Everyone,
I ordered a new QQ N-Connecta 1.6dci Xtronic last week and expect to take delivery during the 2nd week of June. Am currently driving a Honda CRV which I have had for almost 4 years. Very much looking forward to taking delivery and hope that it lives up to expectations.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard; lots of useful ownership info on the many threads here :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. Any options and what colour did you go for ? Looking forward to your hand over experience
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Thanks for the welcomes...... have opted for Gun metal with additional Comfort pack (really looking forward to the panoramic roof) and heat pack. I have heated seats on my CRV and use them a lot during the winter. I too am looking forward to the handover.
2016 N-Connecta 1.6 dci Xtronic: Pano Roof/Rails: Heat Pack: Black Alloygators: Gun Metal.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

The panoramic roof is great! And if you have a black one like mine you can't even tell from the outside that it's there!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Charlie, firstly welcome an active Forum so try to get involved, lots of facts, issues and of course recommendations and upgrades have been placed here over the last couple of years.
The Panoramic Roof is a nice addition but I would recommend closing it when you park as when the temp goes up it gets very hot inside, but I must say the Air Con seems to cope OK. Our Dealer recommended during the winter period (it can get cold in Germany) to leave the sliding panel open to prevent moisture being trapped between the glass and sliding panel.
Also can recommend treating the roof (Windows also) with Rain-X does a nice job keeping the rain globules off the roof - Enjoy the QQ when you get it - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Thanks for the useful tips Dave, appreciated .
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Another advocate for closing the roof shade when parked in sunlight....otherwise it can get like a greenhouse. Also swear by the use of RainX. Use it on all the windows and the pano roof. I dont agree however,with leaving the roof shade open when parked in winter or cold conditions. I personally find it better to close the shade. Whatever little moisture is in the air inside the car cannot then condense on the cold glass roof, and ive never had any moisture occur on the headlining or the shade itself. Try different options in different conditions and you'll make your own mind up. Back to the RainX, I also use it on my house windows.....keeps them cleaner for longer and also easier to clean when I can actually be bothered!
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

I have the roof and just getting experience of it hotting up ! I have started leaving the blind shut if I leave it for long periods although for a couple of hours the air con quickly cools it down.

Good luck
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Charlie Miller

Post by Charlie Miller »

Well I have read the reviews on RainX and mostly they are positive so went out today on bought some. Just waiting patiently for the QQ to apply it! Doesn't time drag sometimes.