Hello from Surrey - and steering knock solved

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
shann69

Post by shann69 »

Hi everyone. Just bought the better half a 2013 2ltr petrol Ntec+ Auto. We both absolutely love it. I bought it in Cornwall and my first drive was bringing it back here to Surrey. By the time I got to Exeter I'd got the seating arrangements sorted and fell completely in love with it. That was about four weeks ago. I haven't driven it since but she-who-must-be-obeyed has been complaining of a slight knocking feeling coming through the floor. She loves a good moan so I didn't investigate straight away. All the time she's moaning about that it keeps her mind off the beep coming from the tumble dryer and the fact the Dyson needs a filter change. I don't understand her really - I said I'd fix it... she doesn't have to remind me every six months. Anyway... the knocking has been getting worse apparently so I finally got round to having a look. I have to admit, the knocking was quite bad. It was only when turning the steering wheel. Couldn't feel it through the wheel itself - but we could feel it through the floor. We didn't buy an extended warranty and I drive a Land Rover Disco 3 so I'm no stranger to crappy cars needing some attention, so I thought I'd have a proper look before paying the main-stealer to investigate. Turns out it was the floor-mat had not been put back on the lugs properly and had worked its way forward. The knocking was the the bolt from the steering column linkage rubbing on the mat. Happy days. :lol:

Next job - SD card not recognised sometimes. :roll: