New member to the family

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Shamiso14

Post by Shamiso14 »

Hi everyone. I have recently bought a new QQ Connect.. I had a Mazda 6 that served me very well for 164,000 miles. The QQ is a great drive. Getting used to it. A few points that are disappointing is the Nissan connect Google search doesn't seem to work with my Android phone. It asks for IOS of IPhone ilk.

One last question has anybody been taking their car to these hand washes. Do you let them clean the rear view mirror and jet spray near the cameras. I only ask because there was a caution written in the manual for these areas.

Thanks guys. Great forum with some really good information. Looks the best run forum for QQ's. Keep up the good work..

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Shamiso14, firstly welcome to the Forum, secondly you have posted the same subject twice ! - Dave ;)

From what I have heard about these Hand Washes is that you have to be careful on which one you use as some of the Supermarket Parking Guys tend to use chemical cleaners which can be aggressive (you get what you pay for). I am not sure what you mean with regard to the cleaning the rear mirror as that is internal and cleaned with no problems. But with regard to the Cameras our QQ is manually cleaned (High Pressure) and then stuck through an Auto Wash Machine and finally Hand Dried by me and we have never had a problem in the 20 months we have owned the QQ.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I wash by hand and also use a high power jet wash. Just be care full around the external cameras and sensors on the bumpers. Spray from a distance or adjust the pressure of the jet to low for these areas. The seals on these items are not the best and have the tendency to allow water in if you are not careful. Remember the old saying that 'water will get anywhere'.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard; you can delete your dupe post by clicking EDIT, and then choose delete :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Shamiso14

Post by Shamiso14 »

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the reply. I wrote a reply but I got an error message. So this is my second attempt as the first didn't go.
Dave thanks for the info. The rear view mirror apparently has some intricate technology in it. The manual advises against using chemical glass cleaners. So I was curious to know what other people do or just clean as normal with a glass cleaner.

gvmdaddy. I think I'm with you on the jet wash. I will go to a petrol station and use the hand operated bays. Taking your advice.

Hopefully I have removed the duplicate post. Thanks for pointing it out. Gel and Dave.
I appreciate the info. I shall be popping in quite regularly. Great site.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Shamiso14, what I used for the mirror was a damp leather, but over the last few years I now use a Microfiber Cloth which you use wet, wring it out and wipe the glass or mirror, no smearing after drying and washable. I bought this article at a Flea Market in Florida for around $10 for 6, had to haggle with the guy, but now go back each year and our friends are also now hooked. For the Panoramic Roof and Windows it is worth a try. Here is a US Advert for example - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im another great fan of microfibre cloths. Use them for washing your car, they are better and safer than sponges. Lightly dampened they are even better than a chamois leather for drying. Again, lightly dampened they are great on the inside of your car too. They will remove dust and fingerprints on all plastics, leather and glass without the need for polishes which create a misty film over time on the inside glass as they evaporate. Just remember though, when you wash them DONT add or use washing products that contain fabric softeners as it affects tge microfibres ability to attract and hold liquid. Also better to dry them naturally.
Shamiso14

Post by Shamiso14 »

Great stuff!! Thanks for the advice guys.
Jersey 1

Post by Jersey 1 »

welcome aboard :)