New member and new Tekna

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
rewood

Post by rewood »

Hello all.

My last five cars were Primera, Primera, x type and 63 plate 360. All bought at a year or so old or nearly new and felt the time had come to take the plunge and buy a brand new car. Loved the look and feel and of the new Qashqai and decided to go for the top spec Tekna in black (1.2). I have to say it is a lovely looking car and any worries I had about the lack of power have long gone. it's lovely inside and overall I'm really pleased with it.

Going to mention a couple of niggles though. After a few hours of trying to hook up to my iPhone apps, I have given up. I hooked up once via usb but that's too much hassle. Done some reading up and clearly looks like a known problem.

I also have the pleasure of a sat nav with it's own mind. Just occasionally, but really annoying.

Both these niggles have just taken the edge off my new car. I bought new to avoid these very problems.

Love the car still, but very poor on Nissan's part.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad you like the car. Sorry regarding the niggles. Hopefully the rest of the experience is better
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
rewood

Post by rewood »

Thanks for responses. Have registered car on you plus, indeed I thought I may have had two accounts and that that was maybe causing the problem. Deleted everything via the help desk and started all over again. Still no look. Had an assortment of error messages on screen and will post latest one on here tomorrow. If you check out the reviews of the Nissan connect app on the App Store you will see many others experiencing same problems.

Still. Happy days.
rewood

Post by rewood »

And here is the latest error message. Two things. Yes there is a smartphone connected and you can see this from the Bluetooth symbol! Secondly, I would read from this that you can only connect an iPhone via usb. That can't be correct. Anyone with an iPhone connected via Bluetooth?

IMG_3298.JPG

jet

Post by jet »

You can connect iPhone via Bluetooth to use the built-in handsfree and stream music from your device.
To use NissanConnect Apps though you need to use the USB cable. That is what the message on the screen says.
1.5 dCi MT Premium
rewood

Post by rewood »

Thanks for that jet. I have to admit, only being available via a usb cable for the worlds most popular phone is bizarre. Well done Nissan if that is the case.

Anyway, has anyone managed to bypass the you must be connected to the internet error message on the owners manual app on the iPhone when you try to download the qashqai manual?? Or is that another poor piece of service from Nissan that I will just have to live with.

PS, loving the car despite these niggles!
escargot

Post by escargot »

To be fair to nissan, the reason the iPhone needs to be connected via USB for the app to work is that apple restrict the Bluetooth functionality. Unfortunately there's nothing Nissan can do about it.

As regards to the sat nav, this seems to be a reoccurring theme with the new 16 plate teknas. There's a thread running on it in the electronics sub forum: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3993

Worth a look. It would appear the firmware needs reinstalling to sort it out.
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
rewood

Post by rewood »

I sort of realise that it's not nissans fault, but it just feels like it is! Anyway, sat nav has been fine for days now, could the software have updated itself? No expert here, but I did get one message which said something about an upgrade.

Also, the drivers guide app is now working!

Finally, paid for the paint job when I got the car and the dealer said leave it for a couple of weeks before washing. I've done this and it gets its first wash this weekend. Came with a little suitcase of cleaning products, so here goes…
escargot

Post by escargot »

I'm not sure if it can update itself?

I know that mine can be fine for a good amount of time (about 5 days was the max I've had) before it flakes out again. It seems to be going through a particularly bad patch at the moment though.

Taking it to a different dealer tonight to get their view on it.
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.