Up Hill Assistant/Coupling/Electonic Handbrake

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not if it wasn't fully in gear. If you maintain it was properly engaged, then I don't see what it could be. It's not something that's been mentioned on here before. Have a word with your dealer, but I don't suppose they will do anything unless they can recreate the symptom. Let us know if you figure it out.

Emil

Post by Emil »

Hello,
I will wait, whether this happens again or not. In case it happens again I will talk to the dealer and I will let you know.
March 2016 Metallic Red QQ CONNECTA 1.6 l DIG-T
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Don't recall this "fault" being raised before.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Emil, try this from the Nissan Qashqai Drivers Guide - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Hill start assist, and setting off on a hill with the handbrake engaged is an 'art' it seems, one that seem very counter intuitive.

With a manual handbrake, your goal is to 'hold' the car on the clutch and release handbrake, then pull up clutch slowly as you head off up the hill...

With the QQ, you need to re-learn and just set off almost as though you were on the flat, otherwise you seem to sit at a standstill burning out your clutch!

Even more difficult if you swap between manual and electronic handbrake cars!
Emil

Post by Emil »

Yes, this explanation seems to be most probable, i.e. that I have not learnt how to use the electronic handbrake yet. But I have never used manual hand brake when heading off up the hill.
Emil

Post by Emil »

Hello listmates,
Thank you very much for your fast replies and activity. I do really appreciate it. I did not expect it. Thank you again to you all.
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

Emil wrote:Yes, this explanation seems to be most probable, i.e. that I have not learnt how to use the electronic handbrake yet. But I have never used manual hand brake when heading off up the hill.
I have the 1.6L Qashqai and it surprises me sometimes how much I need to press the accelerator (throttle) to overcome the handbrake/hill start

If you have a 1.2L then it may "struggle" even more!
johnbull

Post by johnbull »

So Its you that keeps rolling back towards me .lol where did you learn to drive ??
Drive carefully, Live longer