Hi new16 plate faulty Sat Nav

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
notel98

Post by notel98 »

Hi, Just replaced my 13 plate QQ with a brand new 16 plate Nconnecta to find that the Sat Nav is all over the place :( returned to dealer today but have been informed that Nissan are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Looks like my old TomTom will have to come into play. I just hope that the fix comes soon.

escargot

Post by escargot »

Seems to be a few of us on the forum this is happening to. There's a discussion going on here: http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3993

Does the N Connecta have a heated from screen?
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
notel98

Post by notel98 »

Yes it has the heated screen, does this seem to be a factor ? in the Sat Nav problem
escargot

Post by escargot »

There were problems reported previously relating to the heated front screen disrupting the GPS signal. However, this more recent issue seems to only related to cars delivered within the last month so could well be something different.
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
afilsell

Post by afilsell »

Ive got the heated front windscreen fitted to mine & as yet no problem with the sat nav
notel98

Post by notel98 »

I returned my car and was told that the couldn't fix it and that Nissan were aware of the problem. I believe that they reflashed the firmware and the Satnav hasn't missed a beep since. The supplier has now contacted me for a recall so I will be booking in to see if it needs something else.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad it's sorted. The other discussion I think ended up with a firmware/software update to solve the problem
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof