New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rozzi

Post by Rozzi »

Hi all
Just a post saying hi.
Me and the wife ordered the new qashqai DIG-T 115 petrol manual Tekna, design pack, dark grey, last week. First time qashqai and nissan owner.

Two week until delivery. Was/am searching high and low for any info on the qashqai (smart move buying the car first then looking for info :mrgreen: ) when I ran into this forum. Been reading alot of good stuff here on the forum (everything from rattles, mods, complaints etc). Nothing about rust though, living in Sweden, this is a concern of mine (if the factory rust proofing is enough)

Currently waiting to have a look at the car to see what other "packs" are needed (the dealer keeps saying that tekna + design pack is about all you need, we'll see about that :lol: ), but also looking for alloys (and tires) for winter. The dealer prices were really expensive for the alloys, unknown premium tires + tpms (over € 2k).

Anyways, looking forward to joining the community.

/Rozzi

ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

Hi Rozzi and welcome,

We ordered our QQ a couple of weeks ago, and as we live in Denmark we also ordered a Dinitrol coating for the chassis to help prevent rust. Do you not have something similar in Sweden?

We also didn't take any winter wheel deals from the dealer for the same reason, I have been looking at a German website for 17" winter wheels and tyres, and can get some nice alloys with Nokian or Dunlop winter tyres for around 1400 euro.

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ChrisDK, welcome to you and Rozzi. Living in Germany here are a couple of suppliers for Alloys and Tyres. I have used Brock Wheels from Giacuzzo myself. ATU is one of the Bigger Car Accessory Suppliers for Wheels and Tyres. Just thought you might be interested - Dave :)

http://www.giacuzzo.com/shop/index.php? ... _1551_1886

http://www.atu.de/shop/kategorie/Felgen ... GwodI2AAsw

https://www.vmaxx.de/alloy-wheels-desig ... qai?left=1

https://brock.de/?gclid=CLPx28TUhMwCFbYK0wod2gMOPQ
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Rozzi

Post by Rozzi »

Hi Chris and Dave and thank you

Chris: We do have Dinitrol and Tectyl here (and probably less known rust proofing methods). But the dealer here wont do any treatment on the car so it will have to be done after we have picked up the car. Spoke to the local (and only) rust proofing company that does tectyl treatment. He didn't sound so convincing. He leaves no warranty for the work and he kept mentioning how Toyotas rust when I was asking him about Nissan and Qashqai :roll: . The fact that he charges €1200 for a full treatment doesn't tip the scale in his favour... And the closest Dinitrol centre is 120 km away :cry:

Dave: Thank you for the links. I have actually been eyeing the "RC design 29" or "Oxxo Oberon 5", which with some willpower actually looks similar to the Qashqais snowflake alloys, these would end up costing roughly €1400 with goodyear tires, and tpms. Have no idea about after market alloys as I usually buy/get original alloys, was hoping to find some nice looking "two tone" alloys like the Tekna alloys, but as soon as you tick the "appropriate for winter" checkbox the choices dwindle down to "plain" silver or black alloys.
About tires, I really need winter tires with studs which are hard (impossible?) to find in Germany, which is unfortunate since tires are cheaper in Germany than here...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Rozzi, the reason "Studded" Tyres are difficult to find in Germany is because they are NOT allowed. Take a look at this Conti Page for The European Regulations for Winter Equipment on Trucks & Buses 2015/2016, just as an example - Dave :)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken