Is my 2015 Qashqai is a Lemon?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
giftedmidfielder

Post by giftedmidfielder »

Update:

Since my last post I've been using a Nissan fleet car after being supplied a Renault Kadjar for a week. My car has been in testing with Platinum Nissan near Bath.

After a week of testing by Platinum Nissan I was assured by Nissan customer services that the car was now fit and ready to go and I would experience no further issues. However, Nissan customer services were happy for me to use the fleet car while they kept the car for further testing over the Easter break. In the period of further testing a new fault appeared. Platinum had to replace the ignition block (rough terminology).

Nissan Customer services brushed this aside and assured me again that the car is now ready to go and I will experience no further issues again. They kept the car though as the lease company wanted to commission their own vehicle test using the RAC.

The RAC concluded that the issues were all due to the fact that I had a dash cam and a DVD in use on the car. Nobody thought to mention that these two devices are always unplugged when parked an dthe RAC mechanic didn't explain how the devices could cause the gear stick to disconnect or the sat nav/stereo/bluetooth to stop working or the fuel cap to seize or the boot lock to malfunction or the front parking sensors to go mad on the M4 and so on. Basically a white wash.

Nissan have offered me free servicing for three years as compensation but as long as I accept the car back. The thing is I don't want this car back. It's a Lemon, a liability.

All very exhausting.