Is my 2015 Qashqai is a Lemon?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Drop it back to the lease company tell them it's unfit for purpose. Maybe that will start the ball rolling
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

giftedmidfielder

Post by giftedmidfielder »

rod9669 wrote:Have you told the lease company? I'd have thought that they'd have more influence than you (in the nicest possible way) to get it sorted or replaced
The lease company have been informed and have agreed to terminate the lease with no penalty. But...... This would mean that for a six months lease I will have paid for 12 months as I paid six months up front which they won't refund.
giftedmidfielder

Bullyboy wrote:Drop it back to the lease company tell them it's unfit for purpose. Maybe that will start the ball rolling
It might come to this but I won't see the upfront cost of six months payments that were made. At the moment Nissan have supplied me with a Renault Kadjar via Europcar while they have mine at the dealership..
jet

Post by jet »

giftedmidfielder wrote:At the moment Nissan have supplied me with a Renault Kadjar via Europcar while they have mine at the dealership..
Well, is the Kadjar a lemon? :roll:
1.5 dCi MT Premium
giftedmidfielder

jet wrote:
giftedmidfielder wrote:At the moment Nissan have supplied me with a Renault Kadjar via Europcar while they have mine at the dealership..
Well, is the Kadjar a lemon? :roll:
Ha, the Kadjar is very nice, sort of like a Qashqai with a Renault badge where the Nissan one should be.
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

Ive had a few issues, but only these ones that are the same as yours

The front parking sensors play up while driving Nissan "reprogrammed them" still happening
The front power socket stays on after car shut down. Mine does that as well
The intelligent keys no longer talk to the car hold the key on the startbutton and press the start button, seems to sort it

Ive also had the air conditioning box inside the dash fail and spew water all over the inside of the car, took 3 months for them to get a part, and now 16C feels like 30c, but Nissan say there is nothing wrong. A/C is on low all the time.

excessive wear on front tyres _ had the same on the Juke as well...dam continentals
driver seat squeaks on right hand corners. no fault found by nissan...still does it and they have heard it also
dash rattles so much after they took the dash apart to it the new air con box...they have heard it but said there is nothing they can do.

getting a honda in 4 weeks..cant wait!!
2015 Qashqai 1.5 dci tekna in bronze, but without the panoramic roof
giftedmidfielder

sulky_uk wrote:Ive had a few issues, but only these ones that are the same as yours

The front parking sensors play up while driving Nissan "reprogrammed them" still happening
The front power socket stays on after car shut down. Mine does that as well
The intelligent keys no longer talk to the car hold the key on the startbutton and press the start button, seems to sort it

Ive also had the air conditioning box inside the dash fail and spew water all over the inside of the car, took 3 months for them to get a part, and now 16C feels like 30c, but Nissan say there is nothing wrong. A/C is on low all the time.

excessive wear on front tyres _ had the same on the Juke as well...dam continentals
driver seat squeaks on right hand corners. no fault found by nissan...still does it and they have heard it also
dash rattles so much after they took the dash apart to it the new air con box...they have heard it but said there is nothing they can do.

getting a honda in 4 weeks..cant wait!!
Interesting. Thanks. I did try the methos of holding the key by the start button but still nothing. Two out of the three recovery teams that truned up to remove the car also tried this with no luck.

I fully expect to experience the Air-Con to fail now also. If there's a fault going around my car seems to have it.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

As stated before the front power socket is intended to be permanently on, unlike one in glove box.
ie this IS NOT a fault.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
johnbull

Post by johnbull »

When you say glove box do you mean central armrest as both mine seem to be permanently live even after waiting for a couple of minutes after engine switch off, so think dash cam will have to be hard wired
Drive carefully, Live longer
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Yes should have said centre console :shock:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D