Newish AWD owner.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
switchback

Post by switchback »

Been browsing the forum for ages but only just got round to joining. Lots of good information on here. Got a new Tekna AWD a few months ago and are really pleased with it. My first diesel car and it's been great. I would have had a petrol as I don't do that many miles but can't get one with 4 wheel drive .

I fitted front and rear skid plates plus a chrome strip on the lower grill..................................all from ebay at 75% less than the thieves at Nissan wanted. The skid plates even had the genuine part numbers on them .

I'll post some pictures some time.......................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

switchback

Post by switchback »

Got some pictures taken this morning.

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
whitekna

Post by whitekna »

switchback wrote:I fitted front and rear skid plates plus a chrome strip on the lower grill..................................all from ebay at 75% less than the thieves at Nissan wanted. The skid plates even had the genuine part numbers on them .

I'll post some pictures some time.......................
Pictures look great, have you got a link to the ebay seller please?
whitekna

Post by whitekna »

Thanks, much appreciated.
Bobsta

Post by Bobsta »

Thanks for posting this switchback. I was looking to buy that aftermarket crossover pack but wasn't sure if it would interfere with the tow bar or parking sensors. Your pics have answered that! :)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard; 4wd very sensible choice for you!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

4WD with 19 inch wheels seems quite a combination....
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
switchback

Post by switchback »

I was looking to buy that aftermarket crossover pack but wasn't sure if it would interfere with the tow bar or parking sensors. Your pics have answered that!
You do need to make a cut-out to clear the tow bar, just as was done to the bumper/valance when the tow bar was fitted. You can get the cross-over pack with or without the openings for the parking sensors, so make sure you get the right one.

As an aside, I had trouble with the sensors picking up the tow ball cover(OK without the cover fitted). This should have been picked-up by Nissan when they fitted the tow bar. They fixed it by measuring the distance from the ball hitch to the sensors, then plugged a lap-top in to narrow the detection angle of the sensors so they could not "see" the ball hitch and cover. There dosn't seem to be any detremental affect to the normal operation of the sensors.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
switchback

Post by switchback »

4WD with 19 inch wheels seems quite a combination....
Not ideal for off-road but the most I do is East Anglian forest mud rather than rocks (building and maintaining mountain bike trails). I did get the option to fit smaller wheels and higher profile tyres but they looked a bit rubbish in my opinion. When I replace the tyres I might get something more suitable but the vast majority of my miles are on road so it's a compromise for both.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.