Warm welcome here?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
911qq

Post by 911qq »

Hi.New to the QQ world with a recent purchase of a 2010 1.6.I did register over at the other forum but not only have the admins there deleted the topic I posted (saying hello) but they've also deleted my profile!Reading the "rules" more closely it seems you have to pay money before you can post anywhere and if you say the wrong thing they delete you. Not like any car forum I've ever been a member of (where the value of the forum comes from the knowledge and experience of the members).Anyway, hello. I'll be on this forum from now on (unless you're affiliated of course and I get deleted from here as well!)Cheers,Ben

tim17

Post by tim17 »

I also joined 'the other one' but am not happy about having to pay for the privilege of contributing.I'm a first time owner of a QQ so am only just getting used to the delights (or not) of the car.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi Ben and welcome along,You're safe here - one of the mods from over there does pop on here now and again and is knowledgeable but we do operate differently.This site was setup as an alternative for those who don't wish to pay to access a website, don't get me wrong - their site is very popular and does contain a lot of useful posts. Hopefully we'll get there one day too.
911qq

Post by 911qq »

Glad to hear it!And thanks for listening to my mini-rant. I was quite disappointed to have my profile deleted over there! That's definitely not the sort of car forum I want to be a member of (and I've been fairly active on a number of them over the years).